More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 12:02:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  trouble with my bakery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: trouble with my bakery  (Read 3440 times)
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
trouble with my bakery
« on: 2007 May 06, 18:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an assload of hacks (both awesome and non) and custom foods, and set up a lovely bakery using the custom food.  The owner spent days making pastries to stock the display cases, then hired employees and opened the business.  Before the business was open, her inventory was fine.  When cooking while the bakery was open (either the owner or an employee), the owner's inventory starting getting filled with items like "plumbob" and "pet noise emitter" and other weird stuff (most of which was invisible).  I was able to drag all that crap out of inventory and nuke it, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this, and has any idea of where to look for the problem?  Should I just give up on custom foods, or start weeding through the non-awesome hacks?  The problem only seems to happen when cooking occurs while the business is open.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: trouble with my bakery
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 06, 18:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Work of the Non-Awesome, no doubt.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 06, 19:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, O Master of The Obvious.  Are custom foods considered non-awesome, or should I just concentrate on the hacks?  The weeding process will be long and tedious, and I would appreciate some guidance.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 06, 19:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All are non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 06, 19:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A binary search cuts down on the long & tedious weeding process.  Do a search of this site for the words binary search, and you should find a post that explains the math of it.  It doesn't take as long to find the error-causing hack as people first assume.

I'm going to state the obvious here: Pescado has already reduced the hacks, etc, you need to look through - he's stating it's not a hack from this site.

Custom foods should be counted as hacks for the purposes of your search.  If it were me, I'd check where I got them to see if they'd been updated for Seasons, before doing the "you take [the left] half out and you fire up the game" hacky dance.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 06, 21:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Kyna.  I know how to do a binary search - hell, I'm old enough to have invented it.  I was just wondering if anyone had seen such behavior before.  All of my hacks, Awesome and non, are supposedly updated for Seasons.  Not so sure about the custom foods.  I guess I'll start there.  Just out of curiosity, what does it take to update a custom food to make it compatible for Seasons?  I haven't used SimPE much, but I can follow instructions pretty well.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Binary Sorting Primers
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 07, 08:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You put the left half in, you take the right half out, you leave the left half in, and you prepare to groan and shout, your game will herky-jerky and mess you right around, that's what it's all about.

One half, two halves,
Bad half, good half,
game stops, game goes,
bad hacks mean woes.

Sims2, Sims2, quite contrary
Your borkings are extraordinary
with hairs unbinned and custom skins
your tantrums make us wary.

The error roster did accost her
while trying to play the game
she got in a muddle,
with settings did fiddle,
and vowed never to play Sims again.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: