More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:26:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graphics issues??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphics issues??  (Read 3317 times)
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Graphics issues??
« on: 2005 September 29, 11:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, my computer is acting all freaky on me and I'm not entirely sure why. Now I know a bit about computers, but this one has me stumped.

I have TS2, University and Nightlife, and was enjoying playing it, until tonight, when it fails to load correctly. Or rather it loads the game, but then when I load a neighbourhood I get a message saying my display drivers have failed and I have to reboot the entire machine (this has so far happened three times) And twice had to repair my installation of windows XP sp2 to even get the thing to boot up.

Now this would seem to be a simple issue apart from the fact that I haven't updated my drivers or anything else since the game was running fine. I have tried updated drivers, but the ones I had were the most recent, and I've even tried rolling back up to five driver versions as I once had a similar problem with TS1 and this fixed it then.

The only changes in my PC in the last six months since I bought it have been a new sound card, which although is still in the machine is disabled in the hardware profile as I have been lazy about finding the right drivers, and a multi card reader in place of one or maybe two of my usb slots.

Current specs are:

P4 3.0gzh CPU
512mg RAM
NVidia GeForce FX 5700LE 128meg graphics card
Driver Version 7.1.8.9
Windows XP sp2 (updated regularly)

Any other info I've forgotten, just give me a shout and I'll find it out for you.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Graphics issues??
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 29, 13:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably need to update your video drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 29, 13:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for replying, but I have already tried updated drivers, and backdated drivers, like I already said I did in my first post Smiley
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 29, 13:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you run ScanDisk or a similar utility and defragged your drive? 
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 29, 19:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you have a virus - they can do lots of strange things to your computer.  When's the last time you ran a virus scan?  I run them once a week just to be safe. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 29, 20:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought it have been a new sound card, which although is still in the machine is disabled in the hardware profile as I have been lazy about finding the right drivers, and a multi card reader in place of one or maybe two of my usb slots.

Try enabling your sound card and installing the correct drivers. The sims uses sound a lot. Maybe when it says display drivers it is just giving wrong error mssg? Remove things from USB slots. Sometimes if I leave a memory stick in the slot, my sims game does a hard crash to a reboot. (Twice).

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 29, 21:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like a slot failure, if you have another card you can try swapping it out and see if that makes a difference, if it doesnt then you could have a agp slot failure
also
check to make sure your card is fully plugged in, in my experience, sometimes they can pop out a bit which would also cause a slot failure, usually cause by me moving stuff around etc. (or just generally trying to break stuff as usual)

do you use xp?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 29, 21:37:38 by nectere » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: