More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:13:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My popularity sim wants to be a romance...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My popularity sim wants to be a romance...  (Read 5418 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
My popularity sim wants to be a romance...
« on: 2005 September 23, 19:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had something new happen in my game, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I have one base family that I play, and I play with aging off once they get to adult. I get to know them better that way, and, well, I can't let them die. But just when I think I know a sim, he throws me off.
I have a sim who's popularity, married to a romance sim. They've been married since last December, and the husband, named Bradley, was the one sim who had remained faithful to his wife out of all my sims. Yesterday, I had a romance sim, Monica, "caress" him, thinking he'd reject it. He's always rejected flirts by anyone other than his wife before, and "caress" is usually a dangerous one to start with. He was also not on good terms with this sim. His daily with her was -100, because he'd seen her flirting with Daniel Pleasant. She has children with Bradley's brother. Now, I admit I was trying to stir things up a bit. Everybody was attacking everybody in that room, and Bradley had even attacked Monica. I was really  taken aback when Bradley did not reject Monica's advances and developed a crush on her immediately . Well, they had chemistry, so I let them do what they wanted to do. Bradley's wife caught them, and to patch things up, I had Bradley ask his wife on a date (this is after much apologizing and busting a move). They woo-hoo'd in the photo booth at FM. They woo-hoo'd in the car before driving home. When Bradley woke up the next day, he rolled a want to "have public woohoo with 3 different sims". I thought that was a romance thing! He's already platinum, so I guess he's out of popularity wants? I just found that surprising. Is that supposed to happen, and will he now be rolling romance wants? I just wanted this to be a one-night stand. Bradley's not the sim he used to be. Sigh.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: My popularity sim wants to be a romance...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 23, 20:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience has been that married Sims seem to take on some of the Wants of their partner.  I don't think it would have happened if his wife wasn't Romance.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 23, 20:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. My sims need therapy, then.
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 23, 20:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not unusual for sims who just had public woohoo for the first time to roll up that want.  Just ignore it, and it'll go away.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 24, 01:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that ever since the base game came out, if you play a Sim as if they had a different aspiration, they'll start getting the wants of the other aspiration.   This is normal.

One family the romance father had a want for a skill point needed for his job, his knowledge wife only wanted to flirt.  I got quite a giggle over that one.

I've had a lot of romance Sims married, and after a while they start getting more family-oriented wants, even if their spouse isn't a family Sim.  I'd always played them as faithful hubbys and wives until recently, when I had a few single romance Sims.

Hook

Edit for spelling
« Last Edit: 2005 September 24, 01:37:59 by Hook » Logged

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 24, 01:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of teens that have acted like other aspirations almost as soon as I chose one for them. The most recent was a teen in my Legacy family that had Romance for an aspiration but all of her wants were those of a Popularity Sim. She wanted to practice a speech, gussy up, make friends, make best friends, throw parties, etc. Even after acheiving best friend status with Sims she didn't want to kiss, flirt, love, or makeout with them. The only remotely romantic want she ever had was the typical teen "Have First Kiss". When that was accomplished, she had no other romantic wants whatsoever. There were no popularity Sims in the house at the time, her parents were Knowledge and Family, her eldest brother was Fortune and her other brother was Romance. Since she was living at home, I couldn't cheat to change her aspiration so I sent her off to college and changed her to Popularty after sophmore year. The only want that changed after the switch was her LTW. I should have kept her as Romance, she would have been really easy to keep platinum!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 24, 02:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to family sims out on a date, they woohooed in the phone booth and after that the male sim had the want to
have public woohoo with 3 different sims.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 24, 18:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As another poster said above, this is common for all aspirations to get this want after having public woohoo.  I just had Brandi Broke spin this want after woohooing wtih Skip in the photo booth downtown.  Fortunately she is upgraded to six slots, so it doesn't hurt as much to let it sit until it goes away.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 25, 19:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that want rolled away, and Bradley's back to his non-cheating, popularity self. I have another confused sim, though, and this one's even weirder. I have a teenage boy who is a Pleasure sim. His wants are normal, but his thought balloons aren't. He keeps thinking of pacifiers and adoption. Why would he be thinking that? He's not married, he's not a family sim, those aren't even rolling in his wants panel, so what gives? He has achieved platinum status already (I wasn't even trying! Very easy to get 20 best friends.), so is he now wanting to change aspirations?
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 25, 20:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, he's just thinking about Memory markers that are sitting in his memory.  Either that or he is thinking of having children later (almost all Sims want to have children at some point).  Sims don't even realize they can change Aspirations, let alone try to give us clues about it.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 25, 21:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a teenage boy who is a Pleasure sim. His wants are normal, but his thought balloons aren't. He keeps thinking of pacifiers and adoption.

I have two pleasure sims and they are always thinking of pacifiers and adoption.  Thought that was kind of strange myself as they never roll a want for these things.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 25, 21:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, he's just thinking about Memory markers that are sitting in his memory.  Either that or he is thinking of having children later (almost all Sims want to have children at some point).  Sims don't even realize they can change Aspirations, let alone try to give us clues about it.

Well, I know that sims don't know anything about it, as they are just little game people Tongue. I meant, is that part of the game? Once one aspiration is fulfilled, are we supposed to assign another one?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: