More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:54:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't get Greek Charter
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't get Greek Charter  (Read 4126 times)
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't get Greek Charter
« on: 2007 February 10, 12:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having another issue with my game, and again with Uni. This one is on a residential lot. I have two CAS sims on it and I'd like to make it a greek lot. Both residents, when they try and call for the charter pick up the phone and dial it... then immediately hang up. No charter.

Yes, I've tried forcing an error. Yes, I've tried reloading the house a few times. Yes, I've removed the greek letters and replaced the phone. Yes, I've tried removing non-Awesome hacks. Heck, I even disabled all custom content and this still L#$@# happened.

....Maxis bug? Something else?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can't get Greek Charter
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 10, 12:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like a general case of the weird phone corruption I've run into in the past. I haven't yet tracked it down, it comes and goes without pattern.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 10, 12:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So my options are to wait it out or keep trying? Alright. I've gone back to the house a few times over the last few days, but I guess I just need to try harder. Or more. Give it some time.

Oh, I did do a search back in the forums. It looks like at least one other person had this issue. The person reporting the problem never replied back on what/if their issue got fixed, though.

Could the issue be something with a corrupted lot? I've had weird stair problems with another lot by the same creator.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 10, 12:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar happen when trying to graduate uni sims.  It was a dorm I'd used fine for ages, but suddenly when they called to move back to the main hood, they would pick up the phone, dial and then hang up with nothing happening.  I have no idea what caused it, but I solved it by selling ALL phones in the dorm and then rebuying them.

They couldn't use cell phones to graduate, but I didn't need to sell and replace those, just the main phones.

I think it's worth a try.
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 10, 13:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was only one phone on the lot. However, your mention of cell phones made me try something. Turns out I was able to get a charter, but only via cell. Weird!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 10, 14:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not if your phones are corrupt.  I'd try selling and rebuying them before your Sims need to use them for something important.
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 10, 15:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try that. Even switched between the cheap phone and the newer more expensive phone.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 10, 19:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem once. For whatever reason, replacing the wall phone with a table phone seemed to solve the problem.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 10, 23:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes. Corrupted phone appears to be the main culprit. Replacing the house phones, period (wall or table is unimportant, it's the act of deleting the old one which counts) seems to clear this up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 11, 00:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily, at least not in my case. I had already replaced the wall phone with another wall phone several times, to no avail. It was only when I replaced the wall phone with a table phone that the problem ceased. I know it makes no logical sense, but since when has anything sims-related been logical?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: