More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:49:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about purchasing Sims 2 stuff via the official site Digital Downloader
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about purchasing Sims 2 stuff via the official site Digital Downloader  (Read 8308 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Question about purchasing Sims 2 stuff via the official site Digital Downloader
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 01, 20:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go torrent for it ....

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Re: Question about purchasing Sims 2 stuff via the official site Digital Downloa
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 01, 21:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I prefer legal copies.

(edited because I misread).
« Last Edit: 2006 September 01, 21:11:16 by JenW » Logged

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Question about purchasing Sims 2 stuff via the official site Digital Downloader
« Reply #27 on: 2006 September 01, 21:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to let the damn thing start up when you play the game. Word is that you only have to be on-line the first time, but you do have to let the stupid downloader start up every single time.  Angry Once the game starts, you can shut it down.

I was told that there's an updated version of it up on bittorrent as of Wednesday that no longer crashes.

I downloaded the HP fine, with no need for this nonsense. Needless to say, I won't be legally downloading anything else from Maxis. The game itself is enough of a resource hog without them requiring you to run other programs just to play.  I have a good enough computer to handle it, but that's beside the point. I should be the one to decide what programs I run, not Maxis. It may or may not be Spyware, but it's definitely Malware!

The EP-that-doesn't-exist should means that I can uninstall the damn downloader after I install it, right?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 September 01, 21:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the downloader on my PC, for the Holiday Pack, it's never done anything weird that I know of.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 September 01, 21:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they definately changed it between the holiday pack and now. It didn't do this with the HP.

I think so, Kat, at least I'm hoping that will be the case. Once it's looking for the latest CD, the downloader shouldn't be used. I won't do the downloading option again Tongue

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 September 02, 00:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A friend just sent me the hacked .exe they are using for the torrent versions.  Grin I just have to switch it out with the real one before I try to install Pets, but no stupid downloader/drm version in the meantime! WooHoo!

I'm all for buying games legally, myself. But once I OWN the stupid thing, I don't see anything wrong with going no-cd, which is all this is.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: