More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 23:35:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  death and menopause
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: death and menopause  (Read 5764 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
death and menopause
« on: 2007 January 25, 20:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new family recently that consists of an elderly couple and their adopted son.  I created the couple in CAS as regular adults, moved them in, and used the InSimenator to grow them both up into elders.  They adopted their son the next day.

Is it normal for an elderly couple to have the "try for baby" option when they're relaxing together on the bed?  This couple does, and according to the little chime, the old bat even got pregnant once, though I've seen no signs of pregnancy.  Do I have an Abraham & Sarah on my hands here?

The burglar paid them a visit one night, and the security system woke the whole family up in time to see the burglar lose a fight with the cop.  Since then all three of them have had a want to "see the ghost of" the burglar, even though he's still alive.  No matter how many times the wants panel refreshes itself, the desire to see the ghost of this guy stays on.  Does this mean that the whole family wishes that the burglar gets the death penalty?  More importantly, how do I get rid of this?

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: death and menopause
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 25, 21:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the "see the ghost" want is because robbed family members are all deeply furious toward the thief. And - sadly - the fury versus thieves seems to be also the most slow to get rid of. I've had a sim who's home was robbed when he was a child; teen, uni, and back home as adult, and still rabid versus the thief  Tongue.
The best of the best is that when finally that rage wear off, all family members will have a 100/100 relationship with the thief.
Suggestion: use some hack (Squinge maybe, has one, try there) and get rid of it as soon as possible.

Elder try for baby. I'm wondering if it is a sort of bug. I've had the same issue in Oldies couple when reverted their gender, and thought that it was somehow related, but now that you've witnessed that in this different context, I wonder if it is an issue related to some reset the sims have.
I don't know for sure, I've never played a CAS elder couple before.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 25, 21:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Pets Coral oldie Has had the try for a baby option in my game as well Grin no she doesnt get to try for a baby . Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 25, 21:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best of the best is that when finally that rage wear off, all family members will have a 100/100 relationship with the thief.
Enemies Accumulate fixes that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 25, 21:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh great! I didn't know it did that also. Cool, now I may fear thieves no more.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 25, 22:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders have the 'try for baby' want in my game, too. I thought maybe it was due to some hack, but I see now it is likely a by-product of shoddy game programming. Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 26, 09:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal for an elderly couple to have the "try for baby" option when they're relaxing together on the bed?  This couple does, and according to the little chime, the old bat even got pregnant once, though I've seen no signs of pregnancy.

Hrm... I'm wondering if this may be due to the fact that you aged them up via the puppy killer? I've noticed that, with aging using cheaty type methods like the boolprop sim modder baby, the sims may not always properly transition completely or whatever. If something interrupts the process i.e. a jump bug or whatever, they can get warped and have the physical older age stage model, but act like the previous stage (I've had weird teens/child hybrids and what not).  I think the best thing to do would be to use the "set to birthday" option if you want to age the sim up.  Couldn't you have just made the couple as elders to begin with in CAS? (Just curious... I assume you wanted to start them off as adults for story purposes).

Does this mean that the whole family wishes that the burglar gets the death penalty?  More importantly, how do I get rid of this?

That's pretty much how I interpret it. Sims who have enemies tend to get wants to make their enemies a zombie, see their ghost, or drink them. Grin

Enemies Accumulate fixes that.

By "fix" I think Pescado means that the relationship with the enemy will stay negative unless you actually direct your sims to try and socialize with the enemy to improve the relationship.  So... in other words, enemies will stay enemies, and thus you can accumulate enemies (hence the name of the hack). The "rage" or furiousness can wear off eventually, but you will most likely still have a negative relationship towards that enemy. As such, you may still have want slots clogged with hateful wants basically implying that they would like that sim to be dead. Probably the only way to get rid of these wants to just fulfill them i.e. kill off said sim. Tongue

Ste

slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 26, 11:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Just curious... I assume you wanted to start them off as adults for story purposes).
The reason I did it this way is so they could have money going into retirement, and fat pension.  I start them out as mere adults, get the man a job, use christianlov's easy computer to hack to the highest level of the job (bonuses and all), age the couple up to elders, and retire the man.  They usually end up with enough money to not worry about working anymore, but I still get the woman a job (usually in crime or the mafia arts) anyway to keep her out of trouble.  And now that I have OFB I set up a garage sale in the front yard so the retired man can sell a bunch of weird crappy decorative things to his neighbors.  All of this is so they have enough money to adopt, and can afford to live without me having to babysit the old codgers.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 26, 13:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the problem is from artificially aging sims. I, myself, do not use aging cheats, and all of my elders now have the 'try for baby' option. I just ignore it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 26, 14:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They usually end up with enough money to not worry about working anymore, but I still get the woman a job (usually in crime or the mafia arts) anyway to keep her out of trouble.

You've aroused my curiosity here, what do you mean by mafia arts?
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 26, 17:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've aroused my curiosity here, what do you mean by mafia arts?
I have two teen/elder careers that are mafia based.  One is the junior companion to the mafia career posted by teknofobe at mts2, the other is called mafia gang by Kronic also at mts2.  Both are very good careers for the sweet grandmotherly type.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 27, 14:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Mafia arts!" Boy did I waste my time in college.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 27, 15:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Mafia arts!" Boy did I waste my time in college.
So did I.  Film Studies... what was I thinking?

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 27, 15:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Likewise ,Accounting......................what wasI thinking Cheesy

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: