More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 18:50:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing Terrain Files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing Terrain Files?  (Read 4179 times)
Magi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Changing Terrain Files?
« on: 2006 December 15, 23:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there was an easy way to change all the downtown lots to have a grass terrain instead of a conrete terrain or if there is a hack that would change it, i was able to change one lot from changing (forgot what the variable was in SimPE) "lotterrain-concrete-01" to "lotterrain-test-01" but is there an easy way to change all of them?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Changing Terrain Files?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 16, 09:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can change the terrain type for the whole neighbourhood:

type in TerrainType Temperate/Dirt/Desert/Concrete and it will change it. Temperate is the grass by the way. You might need to type boolProp before this cheat-I can't really remember, I haven't used it for a long time Wink

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 16, 10:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the cheat to change the terrain type doesn't change the terrain for the lots.

I decided I wanted to turn my BWV into a desert...  it looked weird having green lots on the desert, so I put it back.

I didn't know if there was a way to change the terrains of the individual lots...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 16, 10:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh doesn't it? Bummer Cheesy

Magi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 16, 21:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nah i looked up that boolProp cheat and all it does is change how the neighborhood is viewed, but if you go to the each lot on SimPE (im no where near an expert in it but i can take the hints from some of the code) and you change the values i stated above but i was just wondering if anyones made a cheat that has already taken care of that if someone doesnt like the concrete ocean spawning from each downtown lot  Sad
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 17, 12:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it will change it for the lots - you just have to use the lot moving tool to pick them up and put them back down again for it to take effect. Cheesy
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 17, 14:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that how they kept the pools blue in Strangetown? Started the neighbourhood in temperate, built the lots with the pools, THEN changed the terrain? Is there any other way to make desert terrain pools look blue instead of purple?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 17, 15:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that how they kept the pools blue in Strangetown? Started the neighbourhood in temperate, built the lots with the pools, THEN changed the terrain? Is there any other way to make desert terrain pools look blue instead of purple?
Well, mine are more a greenish-blue. I think it may depend on the way your terrain is elevated or something. My pools are a kind of odd greenish-blue, but hot tubs are regular-blue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: