More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 02:42:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't restart Pleasantview
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't restart Pleasantview  (Read 3339 times)
elle.jae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't restart Pleasantview
« on: 2006 December 09, 19:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I'm trying to restart Pleasantview, as the current version is becoming boring and bloated by marrying in too many townies. I made a back-up of the neighborhood in case I ever wanted to revisit it, and then I took the original neighborhood file out of the folder. Am I crazy, or isn't it supposed to regenerate a new Pleasantview when you take out the existing one? Because that's not what's happpening here. Now I just have Strangetown and Veronaville. Anyone know why it's doing this or how I can fix it?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't restart Pleasantview
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 09, 19:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't quite work like that. I think you would have to remove the entire Neighborhoods folder... and then the game will regenerate all 3 basehoods. Have you been playing any of the other hoods? If not... then just remove and/or delete your entire Neighborhoods folder. The game will regenerate all 3 from the templates. If you have played the other two and/or have custom hoods, it might be slightly messier. I had funky issues when I tried to restore only one of my 'hoods and my picture album/story thing got messed up. I eventually figured out how to fix it, but I forgot what I did. Tongue

Ste

Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 09, 19:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A copy of the original hood is located in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods.
You got to copy and paste the N001 from there to the Neighbourhoods folder.

The NeighborhoodManager.package is regenerated if you ever delete it, I believe. The neighbourhood folders aren't - fortunately, since that's my idea to limit my selection of hoods to play Wink

Or more shiny ... grab the clean neighbourhood templates, lovingly townie-free, found somewhere in Peasantry.

EDIT: Geez, 5 minutes lag. I'm so lame.
elle.jae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 09, 20:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the help. I knew I must be doing something wrong.

Or more shiny ... grab the clean neighbourhood templates, lovingly townie-free, found somewhere in Peasantry.

Ooh, yeah, I found the merged neighborhoods thread. That looks very, very interesting. But it doesn't look like it's available for download anywhere at the moment.  Sad
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 09, 22:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, the merged neighborhoods idea is really tempting to try Wink

Yet I was thinking of these files, also done by SaraMK.
And while I'm still thinking... those templates not only eliminate townies, but the premade families as well, as far as I recall. Which is probably not what you're looking for?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 10, 08:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet I was thinking of these files, also done by SaraMK.
And while I'm still thinking... those templates not only eliminate townies, but the premade families as well, as far as I recall. Which is probably not what you're looking for?

the first set of links in that post are for the files with the EA playables still in them (no townies/dormies)

the second set of links, lower down the post, are the totally empty files.

I Love the totally empty Uni files since I use default face replacements, now I get decent/nice looking dormies that my sims get to pair off with.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: