More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 05:20:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Townie Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townie Question  (Read 3410 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Townie Question
« on: 2006 December 03, 23:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have several sims that I have no desire to play. They are the product of an overactive family sim, and they have all developed little to no interesting characteristics. I don't wish to delete them, and I'm not sure if I even can since they are fourth generation children. What would be the effect of making them into Townies? I don't care about their skills or jobs, but family relations and personality I don't want changed.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Townie Question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 03, 23:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure nothing happens to their personality and relations, but I think they get randomly assigned jobs.  At least the townies I've made have been assigned jobs, but they were all unemployed to start with.

Let me check the relationships of sims I've townified...

Edit:  All my townies have kept their relations and personalities, and as far as I can tell; skill when they became townies.
Dormies lose their major, and start over as freshmens as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 03, 23:30:49 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 03, 23:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much. A few of my sims have an appointment with a bush.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 04, 03:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies may magically gain skills appropriate to their randomly assigned job, although they won't lose any.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 04, 10:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always disposed of excess sims by making them into townies, usually better dressed and more interesting townies than the Maxis ones I think. Inge's bush is fine and hasn't caused any problems in my game that I'm aware of. Sometimes I'll bring them back into play later on if they suit a new storyline, that seems to work fine too. Plus it gives me a bigger townie pool for romance and shopping.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 05, 01:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do sims that are made into townies keep their familial, generational connections? In other words, are they still part of the family tree?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 05, 02:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, townies retain their family trees if they have any. Moving them in via normal channels may cause memory loss, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 05, 02:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't syberspunk have a mod for that? And I assume that abnormal channels would be SimPE?
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 05, 04:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, townies retain their family trees if they have any. Moving them in via normal channels may cause memory loss, though.

Is there a way to move them in via non-normal channels to prevent memory loss? Or is it just something to be dealt with? I've noticed that the townies I have moved in with families tend to keep their relationships with people they've met, but don't recall any of the memory-inducing things they might have done with those people.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 05, 05:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are hacks that can avoid memory loss, and moving in via things like the Ingelogical shrub also skip the entire move-in ceremony with the memory spam and whatnot.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: