More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 07:21:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Change max slope value hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Change max slope value hack?  (Read 5988 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Change max slope value hack?
« on: 2006 October 11, 23:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone successfully using this hack w/ OFB? I did what the instructions said - I copied the file into every expansion's Sys folder, but I still can't seem to place lots on very steep land... Any suggestions?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1429729#post1429729
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Change max slope value hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 12, 00:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More Awesome Than You officially discourages the placement of lots on anything other than perfectly flat terrain, due to edge-corruption issues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 12, 00:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love to build houses into the slope of the mountains in Pleasantview, but I then don't move the lots.  It's a shame, really, because it's much easier to attach a house w/foundation to a garage (with no funky warping of edges) than the other ways.

I'm hoping that the lot-flattening tool in the EP-that-doesn't-exist will really flatten the entire lot, for a change. Probably cause even more problems, if it does.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Akharra
Corpulent Cretin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 12, 14:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that,too, and it doesn't seem to work for me, either.

Formerly known as Tess.

All those that believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 12, 16:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More Awesome Than You officially discourages the placement of lots on anything other than perfectly flat terrain, due to edge-corruption issues.

Well, see, normally I do tend to place lots according to Maxis rules, but I had this one lot which was built into the side of a hill, sort of, and I tried to place it in Veronaville, on flatish land. BIG mistake, b/c when I deleted it, it ended up screwing up the road, to the point where the road bent to a V shape. Now I can't fix the terrain back, and since it's just one spot, I don't want to screw the whole neighborhood just to fix the one spot. Please, Pescado, help me! Embarrassed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 12, 17:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I told you not to do that. Now you see why.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 12, 17:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh! Maybe you could look at the package to see why it isn't working w/ OFB? Please? Pretty Please? Pretty, pretty, pretty please?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 12, 18:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not working because it was never SUPPOSED to be done. It is decidedly non-awesome and will FUBAR your game. Exactly like it did. That's what you get for dabbling in the non-awesome. It's not awesome. It's not even awesome-approved! Don't touch that!

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 13, 00:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try using littler empty lots to pound the terrain back into shape? I broke one of my roads by putting a non-awesome but really cool 'house on a hill" lot down and fixed it by tediously choosing different lot sizes and pounding them on the raised land - fixing little pieces of it over and over again until it was (more or less) back the way it belonged.

Or am I just misunderstanding the basic problem (probably).

Unsouper
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 13, 03:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could do some neighbourhood terrain surgery.  Look in the war room for how it's done.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 13, 05:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have lots with uneven edges all over the place, but I never move or upload them so I've never had any trouble.  I use that hack in a sense - I followed the directions to find the proper file and edited the number myself to suit my own personal perference.  I've got OFB and it's working fine.  I've noticed that sometimes, but not all the time, if you place a lot on a slope, delete it, and place a lot of the same size in the same spot the terrain of the lot itself will end up being flat with the nearby terrain outside of the lot making up for it.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: