More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 13:54:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  OK, what did I do now?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OK, what did I do now?  (Read 6136 times)
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
OK, what did I do now?
« on: 2006 September 23, 12:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously, I've installed something non-awesome.  I thought I'd removed all such relationship hacks, but there must be something left behind.  My sims lifetime relationships get up to 100 pretty quickly and stay there, even when the daily is low or negative, and even if they never see that sim again.  I've even got a few that are flagged as enemies, but still have a lifetime relationship of 100.  This has been bugging me for quite sometime.  Any idea of what I might have done to cause this?  I'm a compulsive downloader, and I know I have too much stuff in my game, but if anyone has an idea of where to look, it would be greatly appreciated.  I've already removed Monique's relationship hacks - any other likely candidates?
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: OK, what did I do now?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 23, 13:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge's no relationship decay hack?
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 23, 15:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that must be it.  I thought the one I have would only turn off the annoying warning, but I guess there are other side effects.  I think it is time to get rid of Squingey-type things and just stick with the awesome.  Too much weirdness otherwise.  Thanks for the pointer!  I'll post again if that was the culprit (or not).  May take a few playing sessions to find out.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 24, 00:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be Squinge's mod which caused the weird friendship increase. Exactly the same symptoms in my game until I removed that hack.

If you're still looking for a friendship modifying hack, maybe you should try Monique's Relationship (STR) Decay Hack over at MTS2.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 24, 00:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that must be it.  I thought the one I have would only turn off the annoying warning, but I guess there are other side effects.  I think it is time to get rid of Squingey-type things and just stick with the awesome.  Too much weirdness otherwise. 

actually what would help you is reading the info on the hacks you download. Squinge states quite clearly
This mod prevents relationship decay
right at the top of his post.

I have over 200 hacks in my game - 40something are by Squinge, 40something by twojeffs, 60something by JM and some by eric, jase, syberspunk, monique, crammyboy and others - and I think they are all awesome. Please don't be a "fanboy/girl" like so many others here, there are alot of awesome hackers/modders in the sims community.

/rant
People make comments about Squinge doing so many hacks, well the fact is he does hacks that people request - so they can enjoy their game even more. What is wrong with that?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 25, 21:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, I have mods by many different modders (Pescado, Twojeffs, Squinge, Syberpunk etc) but unlike many, I take the time to read the RTFM before I install a mod and keep all the original files in a special folder so if ever for some reason I don't remember exactly what a mod do, I can check easily.  The combination I have works perfectly, no weirdness or side effects because I know of what each of them do in my game.

I also use Paladin's hack detection tool every time I add a new mod so I am sure it won't conflict with other mod I have already in game.

Maybe you should simply not install everything that looks shinny if you don't actually remember what you have in game, becasue if you do, you will or might create mod conflict.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2006 September 26, 06:36:08 by MissDoh » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 26, 00:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People make comments about Squinge doing so many hacks, well the fact is he does hacks that people request - so they can enjoy their game even more. What is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that, of course. I have noticed, however that the trend in his hacks is to turn autonomy on or off for any number of behaviors. I use a few of them, but I think if I were tempted to ever use a lot of them, I would ultimately just turn off Free Will and use Macrotastics for that particular situation.

bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 26, 05:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually what would help you is reading the info on the hacks you download. Squinge states quite clearly
This mod prevents relationship decay
right at the top of his post.

Thank you for the snotty advice.  How do you know I didn't read it?  Perhaps I just read it months ago and don't remember it now.  At any rate, the problem I'm seeing isnt' so much that decay isn't happening at all (thought it didn't seem to be) but that LTR increases to 100 under conditions where it shouldn't, and then it stays high.

I have over 200 hacks in my game - 40something are by Squinge, 40something by twojeffs, 60something by JM and some by eric, jase, syberspunk, monique, crammyboy and others - and I think they are all awesome. Please don't be a "fanboy/girl" like so many others here, there are alot of awesome hackers/modders in the sims community.

Congrats on your superior hack count.  Glad to hear you are enjoying it.  Please don't be the type of person who dictates to others how they think or feel.  If I want to be a Pescado fan, that is surely my privilege.  If I choose to stick to hacks that I know don't conflict with one another, I'll do so, and if I choose to post to a public forum about it, I'll do that too.  It is not your place to tell me what to do or feel.  You really added nothing of value to this thread, unless your intent was to get a rise out of me.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 26, 06:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*twojeffs opens vent on the thread to let the steam out.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 26, 09:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Theo gives twojeffs a mitten, just for precaution*
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 26, 17:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well.. at the moment I'm using a few of Squinge's for features or annoyance squelching.
The "ah ah, staying alive (discos of fire)" hack and "begone foul sim" hacks have my keen interest.
Variety is nice, but conflicts are important to avoid.

Every true believer knows the real non-awesome hacks are the ones that allow blasphemous intimacies with relatives !!!

At any rate, the problem I'm seeing isnt' so much that decay isn't happening at all (thought it didn't seem to be) but that LTR increases to 100 under conditions where it shouldn't, and then it stays high.

Does that happen with previous negative relation scores?
There's some weird default coding that makes domestic thieves into best friends (the Marsha Effect).
Fixed by enemiesaccumilate.

I recall a few other files that alter relationship scores (add x every y day) but may be confusing them with ageing alterations.
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 27, 02:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At any rate, the problem I'm seeing isnt' so much that decay isn't happening at all (thought it didn't seem to be) but that LTR increases to 100 under conditions where it shouldn't, and then it stays high.

Does that happen with previous negative relation scores?
There's some weird default coding that makes domestic thieves into best friends (the Marsha Effect).
Fixed by enemiesaccumilate.

I recall a few other files that alter relationship scores (add x every y day) but may be confusing them with ageing alterations.

Yes, it was happening with previously  negative scores, and thanks for your comment.  I hunted a bit and found that I had enemiesaccumulate turned off - not sure why I would have done that, must have been troubleshooting something that I no longer remember caring about.  Anyway, getting rid of Squinge's no relationship warning and restoring enemiesaccumulate fixed the problem.  Lifetime relationship scores are behaving normally again.

For anyone who helped, thanks very much.  For those who only amused, thank you too!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 27, 03:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing. Except that doing so means your products are not compatible even with each other. Which in turn makes them that much more difficult to test, since you can't simply run with them in your game. And that you can't simply expect to plug in a Squinge-product and expect it to work. Some of his stuff is useful...but by no means can his name be considered effective branding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 27, 06:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but I go for the Squinge-type hack rather than the bigger ones because I like to pick and mix at that level.   We all have a slightly different set of annoyances with Sims' behaviour.   I don't mind if some of it doesn't work, I just shrug and delete the file.   It doesn't take as long to track down as if it's buried in something like InTeenimator or a Macro Bathroom controller.   No disrespect meant, cos I know lots of people really do want the all-in hacks.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 27, 07:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto.

Plus with smaller hacks it is usually trivial to fix them to work with other hacks.
In huge hacks like the inteen if something is messed up I often don't know where to begin to look. Making the private school bill fix was more luck than wisdom, my other hack fix attempts (mainly Ste's "hide try for baby options") have failed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: