More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 17:22:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims can't/won't get pregnant.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims can't/won't get pregnant.  (Read 4614 times)
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sims can't/won't get pregnant.
« on: 2006 September 27, 10:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently:
 - Reinstalled TS2
 - Fixed the Strangetown DNA
 - Merged Pleasantview and Strangetown.

And I think I went wrong somewhere in #2, because Jenny Smith is now pathologically incapable of becoming pregnant. The option doesn't come up with PT9 in bed, nor does InSIM (Have baby with... PT9 and I think I tried Alien Pollination as well) work on her.

I'm reasonably sure that it's not a hack conflict, because Cassandra Goth (TfB in bed) and Dina Caliente (InSIM --> Alien Pollination) both managed just fine on the pregnancy front in the same play session.

Jenny has five days to go, so she's not too old or anything. The option just won't come up. I turned debug mode on, and no error box appeared; I forced errors on both her and PT9 and reset them; still no dice. I haven't tried with any other Strangetown Sims, because none of the others are really in a position for me to do so.

Here is a picture of her DNA as SimPE is displaying it. Where've I gone wrong? Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims can't/won't get pregnant.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 27, 10:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

5 days is, in fact, too old. You get an interesting bit of wobble, however, where the 5 day mark begins the moment it rolls past 1800 and your clock goes to "5 days", but suddenly becomes available again after midnight until about noon. It's quite strange. There's nothing wrong, however, this is simply a normal game feature. Maxis did not handle it too well, though. I would have let you try anyway, and find out the hard way that they're too old. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 27, 10:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Well, that explains it, then.

Thank you.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 27, 15:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was 4 days?  I'm pretty sure I had them get pregnant with 4 days to go before I started using autonomous TFB. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 27, 21:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I had to use InSim to add a day to Jenny's life to get her pregnant, because they don't have the asp points for the elixer.  I don't think I got the option for "Try for baby" with her, either, when I first started playing the hood.  And I didn't fix the DNA or anything like that before I had them try.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 28, 04:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jenny's not SUPPOSED to get more spawn. 2 is enough, don't you think? Especially given how FUBAR the Curious family DNA is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: