More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:11:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I want to share...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I want to share...  (Read 2322 times)
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
I want to share...
« on: 2006 September 23, 05:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to share... my sim "me" over at Peasantry.. but I'm not sure just how to go about it. 

Should I create a "me" with maxis only clothes/hair etc?

The closest would be the black braids for hair.. but I had one cc hair that almost captured "me".. longer, with a white streak (I don't have a streak.. but I do have white hiding amongst the gleam). I used sim "me" as an avatar here before I switched to my simlish one..

But I don't remember if that creator allowed it to be shared or not.. I suppose clean install might lead me back to wherever I had gotten it from (I don't have it anymore.. but I still have sim "me" wearing it). I loved that hair.. toddler girls were adorable in it. I think I'll go re-download it.. I "housecleaned" and it bit the dust.. now I think I want it back.

I made a cc dress that looks fab on "me" .. I would want to include it...

Lipstick, makeup etc..

Do I just zip "me" up and then all that cc goes with "me".. or do I need to find each piece, check for author restrictions (which I'll do regardless), and then zip each piece up too?

~misty

"me" cos I'm much fatter now.. but I don't need to be fat in Sim land  Grin

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: I want to share...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 23, 06:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to the Body Shop (according the EP you have), clone a sim, then fix it's face and body to your personal taste.

Try to put on the sim only Maxis-made clothes and hair - this will allow you to upload it here (max 640 KB).
If you use Custom Content, you will have to upload it elsewhere and give us the link.

Close the clone section, then choose "package sim". The packaged file will appear on your desktop.

Zip the packged file, and upload it in your Sim-Me thread.

When on Body Shop, pass to close view (eyes, hair), click shift+ctrl+prtscr, then open the Paintshop Pro (or another software), open a file, and click Ctrl+V (paste), to get the picture (jpg). Save it as JPG on your desktop.

You can't upload the picture, but you can give us a link where it is (not your computer), and it will be pasted in the thread.

Edit:  you are not allowed to spread and give to others custom content, especially if you downloaded it from a pay site. If you do - they can sue you for doing it. So, be careful. If they are from free site - you can add the files.

The sim with custom content that we download may appear without the custom content and without hair, if the files are not included.

« Last Edit: 2006 September 23, 06:11:08 by gali » Logged
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 23, 06:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to the Body Shop (according the EP you have), clone a sim, then fix it's face and body to your personal taste.

Try to put on the sim only Maxis-made clothes and hair - this will allow you to upload it here (max 640 KB).
If you use Custom Content, you will have to upload it elsewhere and give us the link.

Close the clone section, then choose "package sim". The packaged file will appear on your desktop.

Zip the packged file, and upload it in your Sim-Me thread.

When on Body Shop, pass to close view (eyes, hair), click shift+ctrl+prtscr, then open the Paintshop Pro (or another software), open a file, and click Ctrl+V (paste), to get the picture (jpg). Save it as JPG on your desktop.

You can't upload the picture, but you can give us a link where it is (not your computer), and it will be pasted in the thread.

Edit:  you are not allowed to spread and give to others custom content, especially if you downloaded it from a pay site. If you do - they can sue you for doing it. So, be careful. If they are from free site - you can add the files.

The sim with custom content that we download may appear without the custom content and without hair, if the files are not included.

Just checked... my sim "me"'s hair.. comes from guppysims.. which says "don't redistribute".. but you can recolor.  So I guess I could show a pic of sim with all her CC and without .. links to where the hair comes from .. and place her on my website without the hair/lipstick etc .. cos I can ;-) and at least than "she" would have my dress on her.

Thanks Gali!

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 23, 08:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could actually include custom content on a Sim and still upload it here, instead of putting the .Sims2Pack file here you would zip up the .package of the Sim from the SavedSims folder.  If the person doesn't have the custom content, it just shows the default of whatever they're missing.  Of course, no one does it this way.

If you don't have somewhere to stick a picture already that allows hotlinking, you can use either Photobucket or ImageShack.  Photobucket requires registration and has a smaller limit on files than ImageShack does.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: