More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 08:15:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't drop out of Uni
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't drop out of Uni  (Read 3042 times)
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't drop out of Uni
« on: 2005 September 12, 15:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the YA to use the phone and 'drop out' of Uni (under the college section of the phone menu), the YA ages into an adult, but in the process kinda jumps back a little bit. Then nothing happens, no taxi and save/buy mode is greyed out.

I've got a similar problem with moving out after graduation, but have downloaded TwoJeffs fix for that so once I've chosen to 'move back to Pleasantview' the YA ages into adults and again jumps back a bit in the process. So I buy the hacked money plant and after I've 'reset controllers' and 're-enabled save/buy mode' I can select 'move back to Plesantview' as it's still an option on the phone. But with the dropping-out bug once you've dropped out there's no option to drop-out again, because they are of course adults. Any ideas???

Also, I used to be able, when in Plesantview, to get a best friend of the YA to propose to move in, but either the option doesn't appear or when it is and I select it they age into adults but aren't controllable (no thumbnail on the left side of the screen)

I never used to have this trouble, so can't figure why it's suddenly started.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Can't drop out of Uni
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 12, 15:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a missing portal. Just do a search on "portal bandit" and you'll find a fix for that.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 12, 16:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy is propbably right, but if that doesn't work there may be a work-around (not a solution). If you go into a family in the main neighborhood you should be able to use Inge's teleporter plus from simlogical.com to summon the YA, move them in, then use normal methods to move out of that house. Like I said, not a fix, and I would suggest trying to fix any missing portals first (search at MTS2), but if all else fails, this should work for you. Good Luck.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 12, 23:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I send a teenager to Uni and move them into an unoccupied dorm, when they get out of the taxi and transistion into a YA (I always turn off the cut scenes, too repetitive) the control panel never appears. I have to turn off my computer and re-enter the lot. Do you think this is how the problems with the portals start?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 13, 04:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's messed up. You know, I don't normally say this, but maybe you need to reinstall Uni. Tongue

Melancholic Madam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 13, 04:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've seen this a couple of times in my game.  the work around that I found for it was moving the sim or group of sims into the college bin and then back onto the lot.  I didn't lose anything from the lot.  I can't remember if the sim used the phone at that time to get a taxi or if one just showed up on the screen. 

An empty head is not really empty; it is stuffed with rubbish. Hence the difficulty of forcing anything into it. ~ Eric Hoffer
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: