More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 23:30:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Wall Silliness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wall Silliness  (Read 3421 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
Wall Silliness
« on: 2006 August 27, 13:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last time I decorated a house I found a bunch of repeating wall files. Whenever I tried to cover walls with the left over files(the ones that had clones) The wall would stay bare.  Should I redownload the files or do something else?

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wall Silliness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 27, 14:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete the extra files?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 27, 15:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that and now the origonals don't show up. 

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 27, 15:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea what you mean "originals". Did you manage to somehow corrupt your install?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 28, 02:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This  sounds similar to a problem I had with my floors a while back. 
I had two thumbnails each for several custom floors, and when I deleted one of the copies ingame, the one that was left would show up as just the plywood underflooring when I placed it.
 It took me forever to find that I had a duplicate copy of my "Floors" subfolder hiding in my "Saved Sims" folder (long story having to do with a child of mine burning copies of my downloads onto cd's for me Tongue) Anyway, getting rid of the duplicates in the "saved sims" folder fixed the problem for me, so I'm wondering if you might also have duplicate files hiding in some strange place in your game? Just a thought...
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 28, 19:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TaWanda, that is what happened to the walls.  I've looked in my downloads folder and cleaned out some junk files.  Are there any other folders I need to check?

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 28, 20:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kala, I used the browse feature(recursive) on clean installer, and went through each and every folder in the game; downloads, lot catalog, camera folder, etc...  Every single folder in "The Sims 2" folder was checked just to make sure no other little suprises had found their way into some subfolder somewhere they shouldn't have been. It was kind of time consuming but I was so happy to have my floors working right again afterward!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: