More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 00:52:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Finding and fixing bad files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Finding and fixing bad files  (Read 2343 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
Finding and fixing bad files
« on: 2006 August 09, 20:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today, I tried to open bodyshop to delete a couple of files.  A minute after I pressed the comand, the game crashed.(first time bodyshop crashed on me)  I gave up on tring to get bodyshop and I tried to load the game.  The white OFB screen popped up and then my game crashed.  I restarted my computer and repeated the last two sentences. I dicided reinstal my game. When I tried to move/copy my downloads folde, I got a message that said it couldn't move a couple of files because of the directory.  I think these files are the reason I can't lode my games, so I'd would like to know how to fix and/or fix these files? None of the files in question are hacks

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
Re: Finding and fixing bad files
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 09, 21:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html is a program that can be used to remove tricky-sticky files that won't allow you to delete them normally.. Install MoveOnBoot, then right click on the offensive files and choose "Delete file(s) on the next boot", then restart your computer.

Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 10, 15:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably old fashioned and too simple, but did you check if any files in your Downloads folder are marked as write-protected?

In Explorer, right click on the Downloads folder, choose Properties from the menu.
A new window will pop up, named Properties of Downloads (or something like that. Sorry, my OS is German Wink )
See if the write-protected option is checked in the field Attributes. If it is, uncheck it and click ok.
Most likely, a warning will appear, asking if you want to apply the options to all subfolders and files or rather not.
Apply to all subfolders and files and have patience till the process is done.

Then try to run Bodyshop or the game again and see if you can delete those files.

Oh, and deleting groups.cache every now and then and especially if you have problems is your friend Smiley
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 17, 21:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your help.  I think my game crashed due to having really really, out of date video drivers.  When I reinstalled the game it worked, but the game would pause for fifteen minutes at a time.(ATI error reports)  Now that I new drivers, my game runs smoother than ever.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: