More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:42:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  VERY annoying move out bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: VERY annoying move out bug  (Read 5089 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
VERY annoying move out bug
« on: 2005 September 06, 15:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having this same problem for months now and it's so annoying I've hardly been able to play the game at all Sad The problem occurs in every single family in the neighbourhood, not only in the ones which have dead people on the screen.

The things I have tried so far:
- removed all downloads from the folder
- installed pescado's moveoutbugfix
- removed graduation move out fix
- started a brand new neighbourhood instead of the crowded pleasantview, same problem in the new one
- reinstalled

any suggestions?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: VERY annoying move out bug
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 06, 20:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you elaborate on the nature of the problem?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 06, 22:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the game there is not an order "move out" - we use only "find own place", looking in the newspaper or the computer.

There is only a wish to "move out".

Did you order "find own place", and the sim couldn't move out the house after that? Or you search for "move out" order, which doeasn't exist?
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 07, 05:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, what I meant is that sims cannot move out with the "find own place" option. When I tell them to "find own place" in the newspaper, they just pick up the paper and read it and put it away again, but the dialog box on who should move out with them never appears. Same thing with the computer, when I click "find own place" there, they go there and write something but the dialog box doesn't appear.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 07, 07:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the sims teens, or adults?

You can move out only adults, accompannied with teens; you can't move out teens alone - only to send them to college.

The process of moving out is:
1) sending the sim to the computer and order "find own place".
2) the sims just clicks on the keyboard, then stands up, the dialog which one goes with him appears, and his relatives run to him to  say goodbye.
3) a taxi appears, and the sim goes to the taxi.

I don't know the answer for the missing dialog - I can only guess that the sim is a teen.

Does the taxi appear? If it doesn't - perhaps you should  try the "carpoolfix" hack.

I hope JMP can help you with it...Smiley.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 07, 10:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the sims teens, or adults?

They are adults, and there would be other adults left in the house if they could move out.
The taxi doesn't appear.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 07, 13:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the Inge's Teleporter - I have a trick for you.

Create another sim, and put him/her in a house.

Now move to the family bin all the problemated family. Use the Teleporter, and summon the sim you wanted to get out. Befriend them, and suggest "move in" (by the way, if he moves in from the family bin you are supposed to receive with him more than 1 million$...Smiley.

Then he/she can summon the other sim, and offer "move in".

Move the rest of the family to their old house.

problem solved...Smiley.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 07, 13:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now move to the family bin all the problemated family. Use the Teleporter, and summon the sim you wanted to get out. Befriend them, and suggest "move in" (by the way, if he moves in from the family bin you are supposed to receive with him more than 1 million$...Smiley.

Thanks, I have used the teleporter to move a few sims already, but since this problem occurs in every single family in the game, it gets much too annoying to do it that way every time. I wish it could be fixed somehow..
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 07, 16:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have this exact problem. couldn't find a fix either. but that was exactly what i did, have another sim ask to move in with him/her. people here have said that this bug occurs once in a while. sometimes it works, sometimes it won't

i'd like to add something, though it may be irrelevant. the game needs the household funds to be high enough to let a sim move in. how much is "high enough"? i found this when i click on the "move out" want and read what is needed to be done.

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 10, 19:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no ideas?

I guess I'll just have to start all over so I can play Nightlife when it comes out.. but somehow it's hard to say goodbye to my old sims, I've been playing the same family tree for a year now Sad But even if I do start over, how will I know this problem doesn't show up again after a while..
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 11, 01:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do a search on MTS2 for TwoJeff's old University move out fixer - Its not on Various simmers, its kind of out dated.

It just might do the trick - I had this problem and it fixed it - just take it out after you try it, because I forget what it conflicts with, but it does conflict with something. Or someting.  It looks like a money tree, its under plants.

I used it when the moveoutbug fix didnt work, and the lot fixer didnt work. My problem was similar to yours, but just in one household I think, not the whole hood.

Last dash effort but it just might work!

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: