More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 04:18:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Homework in inventory & Macrostatics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Homework in inventory & Macrostatics  (Read 4009 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Homework in inventory & Macrostatics
« on: 2006 August 16, 18:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking that it would be interesting to create a mod that would make teens and kids to put their homework in their inventory as soon as they get off the bus, instead of going round the house just to drop it anywhere on the floor.

Then when clicking on a sim that has a homework in inventory, we could select from "Macro..." (macrostatics) the option to "do homework" or "ask help with homework". and they they would go to the nearest table or desk and do it!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Homework in inventory & Macrostatics
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 16, 19:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good idea. Same for the stupid bills. Just stick it in the inventory and forget it.  Wink

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 16, 21:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes! just like the love letters
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 16, 22:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics already has a 'do homework' function. It doesn't have a 'ask for homework help' function, but it's better than nothing Cheesy.

Paladin has an automatic bill payer. It is an item that looks like an electronic desk calculator. You can turn it on and it automatically pays the bills as soon as they show up. Or, you can leave it off, and have a nice piece of decoration for your office.

Sorry, no link, and I don't feel like searching for it. But I'm pretty sure that SimsWardrobe and/or Paladin are pretty well known everywhere. There is even a link to the site floating around here. JadeElliot put it up for the data organizer from Paladin.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 17, 00:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes i know macrostatics has that option. maybe i did not explain it properly.
I want the homework to go straight to the kid's inventory AND that macrostatics would recognize the homework that is in the inventory
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 17, 01:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics already has a 'do homework' function. It doesn't have a 'ask for homework help' function, but it's better than nothing Cheesy.

Actually, it does -- the 'do homework' will automagically send the kid off to find an idling adult to help. If there are no idling adults around, the kid just plops down and does the homework.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 17, 10:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Jsalemi, but not as a separate action. Once they have the memory of being helped, they can do it by themselves without wandering off to find idle adults. Which they will not find very often in any of my households, because once the adults are skilled out, they paint or write novels or whatever. Aside from that, I prefer their teenage siblings to help them (if they have any). Not for any particular reason, I just like it that way. :D

Linolino, I don't see much difference in the kid pulling it out of their inventory, and just clicking on 'do homework' and the kid goes straight to wherever it plunked the homework down to to it. But, to each her/his own.

Edited: cause it's early and I'm not quite awake yet. The teenagers help them skilling, not with homework. Anyway, they still need to do it themselves once they've been helped studying. That's something I have to look into. CAN the teenies even help their kid-sister/brother studying. I know I helped my younger siblings, but what does the sims have to do with real life anyways, right? For instance, in all my years I have yet to even know someone who managed to make their microwave burst into flames. I have seen some very silly people ruin theirs, but never have I seen the microwave catch on fire.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 17, 10:39:17 by veilchen » Logged

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 17, 11:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

teens can teach younger siblings to study.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 17, 12:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, this is not a must-make mod. The rmain reason i posted this is that it would be time-saving for the students not to go round the house with the homework on hands, looking for a spot to drop it. And the same for getting the bills out of the mailbox

you see, after the game came up with the inventory, you can see that maxis used it to get the mail (love letters) so i was just wondering if it would be possible to do the same with the homeworks and the bills and still be able to click on macrostatics and choose do homework and click on the mailbox and pay the bills (with them IN the inventory of course).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 17, 12:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, this is not a must-make mod. The rmain reason i posted this is that it would be time-saving for the students not to go round the house with the homework on hands, looking for a spot to drop it. And the same for getting the bills out of the mailbox

The mailbox problem is solved with Windkeeper's (I think that's his/her name) mailbox shelf object over at MTS2.  And what I usually do about the homework (though yes, macrotastics will find it anywhere) is to just cancel out the 'at school' icon when the kid gets off the school bus.  If you do that, they just drop their homework where they happen to be standing at the time, rather than wandering about.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 17, 20:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hum, i see. ok..!

Now something else:

What is that hack that will make the kids/teen move away from the bus door before looking at their grades, to prevent that other kids/teen get stucked into the bus?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 17, 22:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's one of TwoJeffs' mods, but I can't find it.  As for your idea, I like it.  I have the mod that has them put their homework in the bedroom, on a desk if there is one.  Trouble is, if the desk is downstairs, they will go all the way upstairs first, then come back down again, and that drives me crazy.  Putting it in their inventory sounds like a great idea to me, don't know why nobody's thought of it before.  Teens in particular take so long taking theirs upstairs they hardly have time to wee-wee before work, let alone have a shower.  Yes, it can be cancelled out, but then there's all the messing about picking it up and getting it onto the desk, which in large houses is a pain. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: