More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:22:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fitness levels
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fitness levels  (Read 18574 times)
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
Re: Fitness levels
« Reply #50 on: 2006 August 08, 11:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the way I see it is that the effects of the bouquet are intermittent. When the Sim is within the are of effect of two bouquets that are firing off alternately they are receiving twice as much boost per hour. I always place them as close as possible without them getting in the way. For bedside bouquets I always use an end-table, if you just plonk a bouquet on the floor beside the bed the Sims are unable to use the bed. Th workbench cubicles I use are 4x3. Two workbenches against the back wall, a double door in the centre of the front wall and a Snapdragon in each corner.

Not dead but gone by four.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 August 08, 13:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit that, since OFB, hardly any of my Sims have eaten at all. As soon as I can get a Sim up to Gold in Flower Arranging then it's Snapdragon Bouquets all the way.
That would be that entire "eating is barbaric" thing, yes.

I've just started using Snapdragons, and I'm trying to figure out the best placement for them.  How close to the sim do they have to be?
Snapdragons have an approximate operating radius of about 3 or 4 tiles.

Does it refresh all motives except energy equally?  Does having more boost the effect, or does more than one have no effect?
The 3 effects stack. 2 or 3 in radius of a sim will more or less mean the only thing he has to do is macrocaffeinate and pee from macrocaffeination.

I tried putting a snapdragon by the computer my sim doing her term paper at, and she finished all in one sitting.  This was even when she was on College Rampage, and it didn't send her to eat, pee, or kick gnomes.  But I am interested in learning more about how to maximize their effectiveness.  Smiley
Snapdragons periodically emit a puff per snapdragon that raises the motives of everyone around. Enough of them will prevent motives from dropping to the point where action has to be taken to raise them.

Are there any threads that someone could point me to where this may have already been discussed?  I skipped a lot of threads when OFB first came out because I didn't have it installed and the stuff people were talking about didn't make much sense to me then.
Nawp, this more or less summarizes it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 August 08, 15:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool.  *runs off to make more snapdragons*  Grin
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 August 08, 15:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Careful of the yellow snow...ah, I mean smoke Cheesy

Some snapdragons don't work as they should and emit a yellow puff instead of a pinkish/purple one. Be careful, that one actually lowers the motives. Akin to the evil toys, I guess.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 August 08, 15:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snapdragons should only be made by platinum sims. Non-platinum sims make defective ones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 August 08, 16:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good to know.  I haven't tried having any non-platinum sims make them.  Most of mine are permaplat anyway.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 August 08, 17:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that rule apply to robots as well?

And while I'm at it, is there any use at all for the other craftable flowers? Other than training, of course.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 August 08, 17:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that rule apply to robots as well?
I would think so.
And while I'm at it, is there any use at all for the other craftable flowers? Other than training, of course.
I don't think so.  I haven't heard anyone mention any benefits other than selling them.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 August 08, 17:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Careful of the yellow snow...ah, I mean smoke Cheesy

Some snapdragons don't work as they should and emit a yellow puff instead of a pinkish/purple one. Be careful, that one actually lowers the motives. Akin to the evil toys, I guess.
I was aware of the evil toys, but you mean there are snapdragons that constantly lowers all motives?!

Then I might create a flower shop after all... Wink  *devises new ways to torture sims*

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 August 08, 22:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That they do, like the pink/purplish cloud in reverse.

Whatcha gonna do Theo? Make an evil shop with evil toys and evil flowers? Run by whom? A special "Little Shop of Horrors" eh?

* veilchen is glad none of her simmies live in the vicinity

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 August 08, 23:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget poo bags.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 August 08, 23:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatcha gonna do Theo? Make an evil shop with evil toys and evil flowers? Run by whom? A special "Little Shop of Horrors" eh?

OK, I was hesitating over whether to buy OFB or not, but that just made the decision for me. I'm buying it tomorrow.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 August 09, 01:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of hard to sell evilflowers since they kill anyone who comes near when you put them in store-like quantities.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 August 09, 01:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of hard to sell evilflowers since they kill anyone who comes near when you put them in store-like quantities.

Unless they're either trained or bred to attack only under certain conditions.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 August 09, 08:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's more that you have to be sure you leave a large amount of space between the individual plants.  If you have too many too close together, your customers might die before they can decide whether or not they want to buy one, or simply leave due to low motives.  Then again, that might heighten the appeal for some people.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 August 09, 09:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evil snapdragons are much more powerful, in the bad way, than good ones are, and OFB seems to enjoy sending customers in crappy motive states already, so they will drop fast if exposed even to just one.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 August 09, 12:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just surround the one evil flower with a few nice ones?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: