More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:16:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  mysterious recolor disappearance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: mysterious recolor disappearance  (Read 2509 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
mysterious recolor disappearance
« on: 2005 November 07, 20:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoping maybe someone around here will have a clue as to what's happening with my game. Basically, I had to do a total reinstall of Sims2 -> Uni -> Nightlife because installing Nightlife gave me the "hang at family load" problem, making the game unplayable. I moved all my custom content to another location, then put it all back in the Downloads folder after reinstalling and patching, making sure to only keep hacks that are known to be compatible with NL. So far so good. My new family just had their first child and I'm prepping for her toddlerdom, when I noticed that a good number of my child-item recolors aren't appearing in the catalog. A number of custom items and crib/highchair custom fabrics do show up, but recolors for the toddler skilling items, the toybox and the potty chair are gone. I checked my custom content with the Clean Installer and all the recolors are present and enabled, and I even moved them to a different directory within the Downloads folder just in case, but they're still AWOL. Any thoughts on why these particular recolors would suddenly stop appearing in the game?

Many thanks in advance for your advice...

jennydee

P.S. If you think a list of my installed hacks will help, let me know and I'll get all that info together.

EDIT:  I've just noticed that my custom rugs are all missing from the catalog too, which is a real bummer! I have so much custom content it's going to take a while to get up to speed on what isn't showing up, but I still have no idea why these items would suddenly go poof. Maybe NL now needs them to not be in nested directories, like with clothing? If so, I can deal with that, but it sucks for organizational purposes, and doesn't explain why some items do show up when in the nested directories, and others suddenly don't.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 07, 20:22:11 by jennydeenyc » Logged
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: mysterious recolor disappearance
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 07, 20:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you reinstall CEP?  Recolors for some objects you mentioned, like the potty chair, won't show up without CEP.

Hope this helps.
Karen
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 07, 20:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I thought I had reinstalled CEP, but will do that again just in case, thanks for the quick response!
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 07, 20:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, looks like my CEP installation was the culprit! Thanks again for the help!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: