More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 17:41:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help with default replacement skins (or what have I done wrong?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with default replacement skins (or what have I done wrong?)  (Read 2497 times)
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Help with default replacement skins (or what have I done wrong?)
« on: 2006 July 14, 06:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made my favourite skins into default replacements using the one button SimPE method described by Sleepycat here but I'm having a weird problem with the adult male dark skin.

Adult males already in the game have the lovely new default replacement face - attached to the old maxis body (decidedly strange looking).  BUT, a newly created CAS adult male has the correct skin for both face and body.

I've tried changing appearance in the mirror and I've tried aging the sim down to teen then growing up to adult but no luck.  As a teen he is fine but when he turns back to adult the skin is wonky again.

This has happened to all the dark skined adult males already in play but all other ages are fine.  The female skins are all fine too. 

The skins I used are Louis #7 Skintone Lin's Edition from Shiny Sims and the problem skin is the darkest tone - although I don't think there is a problem with the skin itself as CAS sims are fine.

Any suggestions from those more awesome (or anyone really) would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 14, 06:24:38 by Rascal » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Help with default replacement skins (or what have I done wrong?)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 14, 07:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are getting these problems because the simplified method just does not work well. The only way to really fix it is to do the full method.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 14, 07:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh bugger!
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 18, 23:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realize that the maker of this modified Louis skin has created default replacement skins?  Perhaps you should just try the ones off the site you linked to.  Nice skins, by the way.  I like the improvements they made.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 19, 09:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Dewshine - I know.  He only posted them the other day (after I posted here) and I snapped them up immediately.  He has somehow made a default over-ride file that works indepently of the skins, rather than default skins.  The difference between his method and the one I tried is that his works.  He has also posted the skins at MTS2 and has said he will write a tutorial.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: