More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:19:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing Motive Satisfaction Values in Objects (Hey, Motoki!)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing Motive Satisfaction Values in Objects (Hey, Motoki!)  (Read 3316 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Changing Motive Satisfaction Values in Objects (Hey, Motoki!)
« on: 2006 May 12, 01:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My #1 pet peeve, even bigger than unbinned hair, is crappy custom beds. You know the ones -- they have beautiful new frames, but when you put them in the game you realized that they've been cloned from the cheapest bed and thus are usually Comfort 1 Energy 2, and I won't actually have my Sims sleep in such lousy beds. (Or occasionally they just don't use any Maxis bedding, and thus have to have all their own bedding recolors made. That's annoying too, but I know there's nothing I can do about that.)

Motoki and I had a long back and forth a while back about possible solutions (I still like mine about invisible and decorative bedframes), and at the time nobody seemed to know how to change the real motive satisfaction values for objects, only the catalog values (and I never did find out whether the wrought iron bed that says it's 10/10 really is 10/10). So, before I go deleting a huge bunch of beds, has any progress been made on this?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Changing Motive Satisfaction Values in Objects (Hey, Motoki!)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 12, 01:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I remember from TS1, you can't change the comfort and the energy - even if you had done it with the T-Mog, in the game they kept the original ones.

But you can clone expensive beds, and give them low price - this one works. Recolor the expensive bed, and make it cheap - I think it's the only possibility.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 12, 02:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the last post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=266.0

Fail.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 12, 02:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet. I'm not quite up to that level in SimPE yet, but at least I have something definite to work toward.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: