More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 09:02:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Helloo......another question everyones PROBABLY tired of answering...please help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Helloo......another question everyones PROBABLY tired of answering...please help  (Read 2942 times)
McNyree
Helloo......another question everyones PROBABLY tired of answering...please help
« on: 2006 June 26, 15:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helloo all!!!!!!!!

I am new...

There's a problem that has been bothering me for quite some time. I have a family of sims...a lineage of about 14 sims that i have meet, or created, and married off. One sim, my first sim creation, when the game first came out is still alive( i have kept this sim for about 2 years). This sim is the root of the family line. I intended this family line to become an entire town, with the exception of NPC sims, (though it would be cool if my sim town had like family children delivering the newspaper all under the same last name.) However, i moved this root sim to strangetown and didn't like it there and moved the sim back to pleasantview and she lost all family relationships. Now she's attracted to her children and grandchildren!, not knowing they are her relations but connected in the family tree.

it is very hard keeping this sims under control away from dating interactions with family members. Also some children moved with this sim to strangetown and their family ties were severed as well.

how do i restore these sims as family members with the "family" symbol in the relationship panel without using simspe, because i don't know how to use it, and have never downloaded it.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: Helloo......another question everyones PROBABLY tired of answering...please help
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 26, 16:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use Insimenator I think there's a module that lets you re-link family ties. 

Edit:  here's the link to the documentation for "family tree" which is what you might want - http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=249

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Helloo......another question everyones PROBABLY tired of answering...please help
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 26, 16:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why you don't move sims from neighborhood to neighborhood.  Wink

You should be able to relink them in SimPe as well.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Helloo......another question everyones PROBABLY tired of answering...please
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 26, 18:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear.  I'm afraid you have a bigger problem.  Strangetown and Pleasantview's neighborhood files are now going to be cluttered with dummy memory and relationship entries for every Sim your root Sim has ever met in either place.  And if you've moved other Sims around the same way, it will be exponentially worse.  I hope you've got NL and all the Critical Fixes installed, which will help stave off a Fireball Visible From Outer Space, but don't be too surprised if you start getting mysterious errors and those neighborhoods eventually become unplayable...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 26, 21:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Amber said, you shouldn't have done this!  If you want to try a Sim out in another neighbourhood, the best way is to package their lot and leave the original Sim where they are.  Even then, you still need to remove all the excess files with Clean Installer before adding the lot to the game, plus remove all memories pertaining to Sims from the original neighbourhood.

You can remove all these excess files, but you will need to use either SimPE or TS2 Enhancer to do it.  Unfortunately, there's no easy way around it.  When I first started playing I moved the Goths to Strangetown and back to Pleasantview (together with 'Strangetown Bella', who ended-up marrying Alexander, but that's another story ...) and I had to remove all the excess character files, plus all the memories pertaining to Unknown.  It's not complicated when you know how, but for a beginner it might seem very daunting. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 26, 23:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOHHHH!!! Welcome to the land of the fubar'd game. Sorry.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 27, 14:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, you've most definitely created a BFBDVFS.

Be your own fish.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: