More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 10:25:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I thought I was losing it!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I thought I was losing it!  (Read 2425 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
I thought I was losing it!
« on: 2006 June 20, 21:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, today I put in a few hacks replacements, took a few downloads out, put a few in, then went into simPE to edit a couple of files.  Saved and exited, loaded my game, and lo and behold, N001 and N004 were missing - Strangetown and Veronaville were there, but no Pleasantview and no Little Venice.  Close the game, McAfee was downloading an update, so I though, it's McAfee again! McAfee wanted a reboot, so I went along with that, then went and checked the neighbourhood folder in my game, and all four hoods were there where they should be.  So I loaded the game again.......and again .....no Pleasantview and no Little Venice.  I began to wonder if senility was approaching....

Loaded simPE and had it check the two hoods, which appeared fine, and the sims were all there too.  Then I opened the EA Games folder again, and it seemed odd, there should have been a simPE back-up folder there - it wasn't anywhere to be seen, until I opened up the Sims2 file - and how it got there I haven't a clue!

Of course, once I put the back-up back where it belonged, everything was fine!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: I thought I was losing it!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 20, 21:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly Zeph Cheesy

Glad everything is ok though Wink

momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 20, 21:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my friend had veronaville disappear once, but she had to do some funky replacement thing.  Glad yours was an easy fix that didn't require you to reset the neighborhoods
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 20, 22:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just felt such a klutz!  I must have accidentally moused over the backup folder as I was going into the sims2 folder, and flicked it inside!

But yes, it was an easy fix once I realised what had happened!  And if simpE had as much sense as SimEnhancer, it wouldn't put the backup folder within the EAGames folder in the first place!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: