More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 13:08:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Okay so now I have Nightlife...be afraid, be VERY afraid.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Okay so now I have Nightlife...be afraid, be VERY afraid.  (Read 3928 times)
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Okay so now I have Nightlife...be afraid, be VERY afraid.
« on: 2006 April 30, 18:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I finally got my sweaty paws on a copy of this expansion pack only to find that I'm terminally confused by the "Custom Content" screen. This shows on every load of the DVD, warning me that some of my CC might cause problems in gameplay and recommending that I disable CC. Fair enough, sounds logical.
Being a good little mac-user I duly disabled CC only to find the game littered with attractive blue blobs where the CC had been and crashing like a Russian space station to boot. Out of sheer bloody-minded annoyance I then tried to run the game with CC enabled and what do you know? runs sweet as a nut, no problems at all.
What on Earth gives?

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Okay so now I have Nightlife...be afraid, be VERY afraid.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 30, 18:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running with custom content is how you activate your custom content, and that message is the same for every one, no matter if they have hacks or not.  And your game would probably crash if you disabled all custom content, because some stuff might be needed for your game to work correctly now.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 30, 18:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have CC, you don't want to disable it.  The blue blobs are missing items.  Enable the CC, then go into game options and turn off the Display Custom Content at startup in the top right corner.  Save and exit the game and restart.  You won't see that screen anymore.  It's just a warning to tell you that you have non-Maxis content and hacks (OMGZ!! ebil haxxx!!!!) in your game.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 30, 19:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes thanks for your input.
I was sold Nightlife on the strength of vampires going BLEH and I haven't seen one yet!

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 30, 22:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to be very patient hanging out in Downtown at night.  Of course, as with any randomly-appearing NPC, you can bump into them during successive trips with different Sims on different DT lots, it's just unlikely.

Morrigan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 01, 00:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally gave up on trying to meet a vampire and teleported one onto a lot.  Patience is not my strong point  Embarrassed
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 01, 01:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my game I've noticed they (vampies) tend to hang out at the Downtown clothes shop, whcih I think is called Cover Me Clothing.

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 01, 02:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easiest way to meet anyone you feel like is to get the level 4 networking perk and then cold call anyone you feel like. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Morrigan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 01, 02:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that only works if you have OFB  Tongue I don't have it and I'm not getting it  Kiss
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 01, 19:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mac bucking-the-odds thing happened again and I managed to bump into a Grand Vampire at a bowling alley of all places!
You were right JM (and others) the BLEH-factor is worth the £19.99 purchase price any day of the week.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: