More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 21:33:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Found Solution to Blurry Graphics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Found Solution to Blurry Graphics  (Read 5021 times)
ecaguimbal
Asinine Airhead

Open for Business

View Profile
Found Solution to Blurry Graphics
« on: 2006 April 22, 06:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked on my game but you also try this. In the graphics setting, all must be high and on except smooth edges and use square pixels. In the Camera Settings all in high and on. The Picture in Picture Window must be on (this is the best part) to end up blurry graphics.

I will complete the seven expansions.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
Re: Found Solution to Blurry Graphics
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 22, 16:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I do when my computer graphics are blurry is clean my glasses.  Amazingly this works almost all the time.  You should try that too  Tongue

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 22, 16:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is incredible.  It's like a haze has been lifted from my game.  I don't know why I haven't tried this before--I mean, I've always wondered what "Graphics Settings" was supposed to do, and now I know!  It seems to obvious when you look at it!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 22, 17:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I do when my computer graphics are blurry is clean my glasses.  Amazingly this works almost all the time.  You should try that too  Tongue

Don't forget to clean the monitor too. It's amazing how well a clean monitor improves graphics. Grin
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 22, 17:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably Retardo question of the <enter time period here> ... does it slow down gameplay and thereby creates lagging or does it actually improve gameplay, beside the optical issues I mean?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 22, 20:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably Retardo question of the <enter time period here> ... does it slow down gameplay and thereby creates lagging or does it actually improve gameplay, beside the optical issues I mean?

If your computer/video card isn't that great, shadows, smooth edges, mirror reflection and lighting should be turned off (or way down) because they create the most lag. The other stuff isn't so much a problem unless your computer/video card is truly horrid. If you have NL, turning off neighborhood view will also improve performance, since that can be very draining on the video card.

There's a site somewhere that explains which options cause the most lag... but I can't find the link.

Personally, I don't see the point of playing the game if you can't enjoy the nice graphics, so if I'm playing on a large lot I just turn off mirrors and shadows (the two biggest lag-creators), and turn lighting down. On small lots I play with everthing on, and don't experience problems. But my computer is pretty good.

Fail.
Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 22, 21:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to change my graphics from high to medium, and I just got a new graphics card. But I don't have the world's fastest processor, and I only have 512K memory, so I think I'm doing pretty good the way it is.

What's more, the game looks realistic enough to me even with the details set on medium, and I don't get too much lag.

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 22, 21:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found it. Here: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6133243/?type=tech

Fail.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 23, 00:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget to clean the monitor too. It's amazing how well a clean monitor improves graphics. Grin

I find when I quit drinking margaritas that my graphics were much less fuzzy. 

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 23, 00:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 MB, but the computer is still running with 512 MB RAM, guess that's the weakest link right after the pretty huge download folder. Though the test results from Gamespot - thanks for the link, Sara - on page 4 show that 512 MB and high quality settings can end in a good performance. Maybe it's just the downloads then  Tongue

I usually play with shadows turned off, not for performance reasons, but they look strange on several objects. Lightning med or high, game details high, smooth edges on second position from the top - but I never cared much for that "use square pixels" option.
Well, seems like a goodbye to mirror reflections ...  Roll Eyes

Oddly enough, I prefer the graphics with an ATI video card a lot more than on NVidia, though system stats would mean the opposite. Had the pleasure to play the game on both cards with fairly similiar systems, but my Radeon simply looked better Wink
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 23, 00:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Gamespot test does show that a bigger GPU improves game performance, but it misrepresents the amount of RAM that you need since they only tested a house without Sims.  Lag that you would experience with 512MB is gone when you upgrade to 1GB.  Upgrading your Graphics Card provides a marginal performance boost, which is most visible if you upgaded from an integrated chipset.

Maxis usually sets your stuff lower than what it could be, I pretty much had everything on high with reflections and no Anti-Aliasing before I upgraded my card.  Now, everything is on the highest setting (Including Anti-Aliasing) at 800x600.  I have no desire to change the resolution
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 23, 00:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1GB or more is on my wishlist for this year.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 23, 16:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read those gamespot tips a while ago, and I've found in my game that turning off shadows has the biggest effect on performance.  View distance has an effect on big lots (i.e., the original Goth house), so I just set it to medium as a compromise.  I have a Radeon X700 Pro, 1Gb RAM, and I think a 2.8x gig CPU.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: