More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:25:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No autonomous 'jump on beds'?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No autonomous 'jump on beds'?  (Read 15311 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No autonomous 'jump on beds'?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 21, 12:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about if I put it on the giant ninja? Ninja can blend into their surroundings, after all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 21, 12:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh huh...  just like bears holding sharks?

Seriously, alternative housings for the lot debugger and macrotastics launcher would be good.  And it's not that I don't appreciate the work that went into the BRY thingy - but...  they do all look rather odd and out of place.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 21, 12:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's wrong with just burying it under the roof, the stairs, or the foundation? And how exactly is terlet paper out of place by a terlet, or an alarm clock out of place by a bed, or a giant eyeball out of place glaring balefully at a baby? Hrm. You know, that's a good idea, I could make it actually spin to glare at the baby.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 21, 12:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if bugger off could be added to the lot debugger, which everyone in their right mind already has anyways. I've found ways to hide the debugger, though things that blend in are certainly handy - sometimes I find, however, that paintings or bushes don't look quite right for what I have in mind for a particular house anyway, and I'd just as soon hide them under the foundation, or in the attic or something.

Unsouper
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 21, 13:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the terlet paper and alarm clock are fine...  I'd prefer the baby controller to look more like a light or a mobile or something...  it's the others - giant yellow boxes?

I hate sticking them in attics or under foundations because then they are not easily available to click on.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 21, 15:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about a broom closet on the ground floor?  Perhaps they could be recoloured to look like old tea chests or something like that?  But the idea of making them bugger off appeals to me more than just zapping them!  And I'd love it if they got upset, and are forced to pick up the trashcan before they slink off!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 21, 18:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I usually just buy the lot debugger, use it for its intended purpose, and delete it right after use. Rinse and repeat. Any problem with that? Seems easier than burying in the foundation.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 21, 18:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit, if it isn't there, I forget to deal with the AWOL Headmaster!  I actually find the idea of money trees quite a good one, but they'd have to come in a variety of colours, or my poor addled brain wouldn't cope!  Or - wait for it - how about gnomes.......

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 21, 20:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pegasys, sometimes some of the bugs - namely losing the save controls - happen in such a way that you can't buy a debugger, so having one already there is really handy.

Unsouper
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 21, 22:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, having it readily available is less bothersome to me than having to go into Buy mode, click on the Misc/Misc categories, and figure out which box is the right one, click on it, and place it somewhere.  I usually have a standard place I try to keep them on all lots even if it's not that well hidden.  Foundations are the best place for me.  I have a "Lot setup" or "Lot management kit" consisting of Time Sync, Lot Debugger, Macrotastics, TJ"s college adjuster, and JM's clothing tool.  I arrange them just like that, from tallest to smallest.  Roll Eyes  I may not look organized if you were to see my desk or my room, but I do have my little quirks.  I suppose those things are a part of a Sim's house like our AC units, water meters, and such are a part of our houses.  Hey, that's a great idea.  Make the yellow boxes look like parts of a central air unit that goes in the backyard.  Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 22, 02:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, you could always build an outhouse and stick them in the roof space......

My latest house is four stories high and open to the roof so I've had to stick the darn things right up there!  But the spiral staircases come in handy, I can send a sim up to the top floor, and just follow them up!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 22, 02:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone mentioned Targa's Ascension "elevators" and I have just started trying them.  So far I haven't had any problems, and they are wonderful.  So much more space available now where stairs used to take so much room!  Now I can have more than one story in a house if I want without having to rearrange everything to make a staircase fit, and sims don't fuss about someone being on the stairs when they try to go up.  I've been remodeling each house as I play it.  Of course, in some houses that means I have to find another place to hide the Lot Debugger, et al, but that is a small price to pay to me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 22, 11:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, these work in the same way (from MTS2 as well) and I put them in because they were necessary to the house - I don't know if you read the "Cat Who" books, but I was trying to build the applebarn house for one of my sim families.  It should have a spiral ramp round the walls, but I had to settle for stairs, but at least the spiral staircase looks right - interestingly, though, the sims never use it to take the toddler up and down!

Zephyr Zodiac
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 23, 00:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, these work in the same way (from MTS2 as well) and I put them in because they were necessary to the house - I don't know if you read the "Cat Who" books, but I was trying to build the applebarn house for one of my sim families.  It should have a spiral ramp round the walls, but I had to settle for stairs, but at least the spiral staircase looks right - interestingly, though, the sims never use it to take the toddler up and down!

I love the Cat Who books have read everyone.Now I need to go find the spiral stairs Smiley
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 May 23, 00:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the jumping on beds.  Actually, I don't have enough Sim children that do it enough.  Ack, that's what happens when I have the spawn of scientists and doctors---they're all too serious and neat.   Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 May 23, 01:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gypsylady, you could have a copy of my house, but it's full of custom content at present, and I need to update my build game for OFB so I can clean out all the non-maxis stuff and make it so anyone can play it.  (I for one hate getting CC stuff that has those unidentifiable long file names, I'd rather get the basic layout, and then replace as I go with my own stuff.)  I've played it quite a bit, and it works, though, so just replacing the Custom stuff and giving it a final check shouldn't take too long.  Just have to psych myself up to leave my game for long enough to do it!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 May 23, 02:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chee-Z:  Believe me, if you had them jumping on the beds enough, you'd get tired of it really quick.  Too much of anything is a Bad Thing.  Smiley

Also, I heard someone on MTS2 say that there is a remote chance that children can break the bed when jumping on it.  Has anyone ever seen this?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 May 23, 08:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't ever seen broken beds in the sims game, it would be cool though if they could break their beds through woohoo or something! Cheesy

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 May 23, 08:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I saw this on the thread for Lizz Love's autonomous bed.  Someone had reported that their sims had broken the bed while woohooing, and she said all she could think of was that it must have triggered the code somehow where kids could break the bed from jumping on it.  It wasn't impossible, but very rare.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 May 23, 12:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the Cat Who books have read everyone.Now I need to go find the spiral stairs Smiley

Assuming these are the stairs ZZ is talking about: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=103492

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 May 23, 12:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are the ones!

Someone here reported kids breaking beds in their game, I forget who it was, though.

I wonder if Pleasure sims can break sofas by too much jumping on couches?  If so, it's the cheapos for them!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 May 23, 13:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if Pleasure sims can break sofas by too much jumping on couches?  If so, it's the cheapos for them!

Yup, they can, but it takes a LONG time.  My pleasure sim always rolled that want, but she was an elder before the couch finally broke.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 May 23, 15:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, in that case Stella can keep her good sofa!

Zephyr Zodiac
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 May 23, 17:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, they can, but it takes a LONG time.  My pleasure sim always rolled that want, but she was an elder before the couch finally broke.

what does a broken sofa look like ? Can a sim repair it or do you have to buy a new one ?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 May 23, 19:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to buy a new one -- it pretty much looks like a pile of timbers as I recall, similar to a smashed dollhouse (only bigger).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: