More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:14:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB and DeleteAllCharacters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB and DeleteAllCharacters  (Read 14821 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: OFB and DeleteAllCharacters
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 23, 00:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, cigen.package can be deleted?  Cool beans.  I delete the groups.cache every time now, and I've started deleting the CAS thumbnails on a regular basis.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 23, 02:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MissDoh, funny you should post this ...  just today I decided I was sick of the premade families (lazy, sloppy bunch that they are in Pleasantville) and decided to do the same with the same results as you.

I don't look in SimPE or anything though so I am not sure on specifics but - I created PV, a downtown, a college (Sim State) and Bluewater.  I don't know how deleteAllCharacters works exactly so I went through each neighborhood and did it and then manually deleted the ones in the bin(s) including the college.

I created 4 families and used the mailbox to force create townies, got the grim reaper head, a few pop up boxes I had to answer reset, and the box never went above 0 townies created (I know it used to go through each face with a count).  I tried both create townies and create downtownies options with the same results.

After all that I said oh well, bunny breeding time Smiley and went on with my playing only to find out that townies MUST have been generated because they kept walking by my houses.

I also noticed that the businesses that used to be owned by the BW sims are greyed out and can't be bought now.  I guess the deeds got deleted with their owners.

I didn't know about the spawning tree though so I may try that one.  I may have to go do it all again and see what happens.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 23, 03:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sintrinity when I have that bug I always open my characters folder to see how many I have before I start. Eventough it mentionned there was 0 townie made there was indeed some. Reset and starting again won't clear the townie that were created and hitting cancel won't delete them either, you are better off going back to neighborhood view without saving since you could easily end-up with 50 or 60 townies without knowing it.

I found a way around it though and was able yesterday to create all the NPC and townies in all sections without a problem.  Even if they appear with Mrs. Crumplebottom face or the reaper they don't actually have it when they appear on community lot or at your Sim house.

Now the way around it is simple but a bit long:

Instead of using the mailbox you must use the dead tree to create your townie, to get the dead tree you left+shift clic on your Sim, select spawn and go to the second page option and select npc & townie maker.  A dead tree will appear next to your Sim.  Now I must say that I added only the business section and deleted all the characters in the other section (except for the business section) in my hood at that point so I would have results for the next part I will describe.

The dead tree must be place outside and your Sim must be inside in order for the next things to work.  Now it is important you save your game before you go to the next step.

1st, shift+clic on the dead tree and select show all townie.  The game will freeze and all the created townie as of now will appear on your lot.  Be prepared to hit the "pause" key otherwise they will start to interact with each other and having 50 Sims on a lot at the same time is heavy on a computer.  Once they appear, go back to neighborhood view without saving.
2nd, reload your lot and shift+clic on the dead tree again and select the option to "show all NPC".  Be prepared to hit pause again and once they all appear you go back to neighborhood view without saving.

For some unknown reason, once you do that the process of making townie, NPC, downtownies and YA will no longer make an error screen appear until you quit your game, do not turn off Boolprop either until your done making all the NPC + townie in all sections.  At that point, you can either use the dead tree to create your NPC and townie just by left clicking on it, it will show you different option. While you create them they will still appear with Mrs. Crumplebottom face and reaper but it will go from beginning to end with no problem or error pop-up.

Tedious but it works.

In case you did not know, to create YA you must place a YA in a University house (I used the familyfunds cheat so I could place the sim in a house instead of a dorm, you must type the name of the gang you gave not the last name of the Sim or it will not work).  Once place in a lot, you select the option to create townie on either the mailbox or the dead tree and the game will then create 50YA + professors.  I did not found a way to create the other NPC for University yet but most will be created when needed.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 23, 15:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much.  This will save me a lot of grief for my next batch.  You would think it wouldn't have to be this difficult.

I did check SimPE on that hood just before I deleted it and it had created 4 teens and 4 adults, the usual 4 downtownie popularity sims that pretend they know your sims even when they have never met by calling all the time, one mailman, 2 paperboys and 4 repairmen.  I don't even know why on the repairmen.  I didn't use force create NPC and I hadn't called one... hmmm. 

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks again! 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 23, 16:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am happy somebody can benefit from this, it took me a few hours to found a way around it so I thought it was important I share the solution.

Just note this, eventhough you choose to make "EP2 NPC", the game won't create Diva, Mr Big or Vampires but will when needed.  It only creates Gypsylady, cooks and Maitre D'.  Also, when you create downtownie it will actually create 30 townies like in the basic hood (18 adults, 8 teens, 6 kids), it does not create any elders like we normally have when we add the Maxis downtown.  All the EP1 NPC were created normally when needed while I play the University section yesterday.

My custom hood works fine so far.

I personally did a back-up of my hood before I started to add any Sims in it since I don't want to go through this all the time. Tongue
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 24, 15:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem I had with shift-clicking the mailbox to Create all Townies, was that it was generating the npc's like Grim Reaper, Father Time, Toddlers in the Townie pool.  I've given up with this method for now because I don't trust it anymore  Sad 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 24, 16:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miramis if you use the dead tree instead of the mailbox to create your townies and NPC and follow the steps I mentionned a few posts above it will work like a charm.

My cc hood runs like a charm and there is no weird townies or strange behaving townie in that hood (well not any weirder than usual  Tongue )
« Last Edit: 2006 March 24, 16:52:15 by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: