More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 01:39:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Passing on perks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Passing on perks  (Read 4682 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Passing on perks
« on: 2006 March 16, 19:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just discovered last night how to pass on perks from the business owner to another Sim.  I have never seen the Pass On... option for a home business owner.  Is it even possible for the owner of a home business to pass on their perks?  If so, how?  I never see the option come up, even when I click on the business owner's closest family members.  I have a home business I would like to shut down, but I don't want to lose the perks if I can avoid it.

Karen
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Passing on perks
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 16, 19:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With each business you own you keep the perks you earn whether you keep the business or not.  The home business can be closed and a new community one opened and you will still have all of your perks.   Smiley

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 16, 19:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With each business you own you keep the perks you earn whether you keep the business or not.  The home business can be closed and a new community one opened and you will still have all of your perks.   Smiley

But they'll be lost if I can't pass them on before the Sim dies, right?  What I'm really asking is whether it's possible to pass on perks for a HOME business, or if you can only do that for a community lot business.

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 16, 19:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do it at a home business yes. I think you can even do it at home if you don't have any current business and have sold them all. You also do not have to be related to the sim you pass them on to, they only have to be residing on the same lot so roomies and servos will work too.

If you have a servo or a vamp or zombie pass it on to them first since they never die. Smiley

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 16, 19:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Believe it or not I still have not seen any servos in my game.  Smiley  No one in any of my families can make them yet.  I've seen some CleanBots and HydroBots, no servos yet.

Karen

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 16, 19:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Believe it or not I still have not seen any servos in my game.  Smiley  No one in any of my families can make them yet.  I've seen some CleanBots and HydroBots, no servos yet.

None here, either - yet.  I have gotten my one bot maker up to the gold badge required to build a Servo, however, I did learn in the process that you have to keep the crafter's mood and aspiration high (I was using the maxmotives cheat and kept him at the bot station for a few days) or many of the bots they build will be defective.

I now have several sparking, smoking machines that need repair - once I figure out how to do that.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 16, 19:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for passing on perks, if you do it in one go, it will take nigh on forever to pass just one perk on (not the whole set of 5, but just 1, one! of those)

The trick you can use is to start the pass on, stop it, and then continue, stop, continue, stop. Each time you continue, they get a bit of the bar filled for free, which speeds up the process considerably.

At least that is what us, with no patience is doing....

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 16, 21:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had no problems making servos without a cheat. If my robots come out broken I just fix them like I would a toilet or sink.

I admit to using the stop, start trick for passing on perks. I don't like to cheat but some things in this game just take way to long like the cash register without Pescado's hack or getting abducted without TwoJeffs hack.

Balance is not Maxis' forte. Seems like everything is either way too easy and overpowered or way too hard and takes too damned long for what you get out of it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 16, 21:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I like is that you can pass on the perk at a low level and they level their perks up with the owner after that. (They do, don't they? I passed on the wholesale perk to the business owner's husband and she leveled up the wholesale gimmick again after she completed it and the option to pass it on didn't come up again. So I assume he has the most current perk)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 16, 23:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To top it off, the higher the perk level, the longer it takes.
Which, of course, makes sense. It's just tedious work.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 16, 23:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Passing along perks is a rather painful process.

My sim owns a home business and has so far been trying to teach both her husband and daughter about wholesaling.  Hubby's probably up three levels now while the teenage daughter has the first level reached.

The easiest way to gain perks is to keep opening and closing businesses.  I didn't close the businesses down to get the perks faster, but since I was closing and re-opening anyway it was a nice bonus.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 17, 03:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am waiting for a hack so that we could pass these perks on faster Tongue

*hint*

Go Away
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »