More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 02:29:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lost my favorite sim! But have an old pre-OFB backup - what to do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lost my favorite sim! But have an old pre-OFB backup - what to do?  (Read 2229 times)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Lost my favorite sim! But have an old pre-OFB backup - what to do?
« on: 2006 March 16, 17:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm basically simpe illeterate (and English isn't my first language, so forgive me for spelling too) but I had a young adult sim and had recently relocated the dorm ith him in it in another neighborhood. (I also know that screws up the neighborhood, but it's just one sim) But, as my stupid computer decided to give me another graphics error and crashed to dos before I was able to save the neighborhood in any normal way, the dorm doesn't exist in the lot bin, in the previous neighborhood, or in the new one.

This was my favorite sim, and I have a pre-OFB backup of the neighborhood, any way to get that sim back? I'm willing to recreate him, but I need the exact facial structure, personality etc. I remember vaguely about an export-import thingie in simpe, but I don't know if it will work since I have installed OFB now, and I don't want to uninstall & reinstall the game for a looong time.

Please I'd like some detailed help. No pictures needed just a detailed explanation as to find what where. (My simpe knowledge: I've edited sims before, edited object descriptions and scanned folders and checked poly counts, that's about all Cheesy)

Thank you, I hope there's a way to fix this...
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Lost my favorite sim! But have an old pre-OFB backup - what to do?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 16, 19:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea if this will work right, but from what I have been gathering it seems that is what you need to do.
Get the latest SimPE, put your backup in the folder that the game reads, but don't start it. Now run SimPE and I think you have to run sim surgery and export the sim to your desktop. Now remove the backup and add your OFB game back in. Add the sim back (Should be a .Sims2Pack file). There, now remake your sim in cas and put them back into his dorm.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Lost my favorite sim! But have an old pre-OFB backup - what to do?
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 16, 23:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god it worked! And it wasn't that hard after all, thank you so much Simsbaby Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: