More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 08:17:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Whats the deal with Servo??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Whats the deal with Servo??  (Read 3247 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Whats the deal with Servo??
« on: 2006 March 05, 23:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. This question is coming from someone who DOESN'T own the prima guide and the bits and pieces I'm picking up from various threads just isn't enough.

I figured out who to make it from the robotics workbench. One of my staff just chose to make it on her own on my community lot/business. Is this normal? I thought that I had to tell them what to make??

Anyways, she makes this Servo thing. When made, its curled up and does nothing. I can't click on it or do anything. I've dumped it outside, round the back of my shop as someone said that it needs to charge in the sun??

I am confused to say the least!

I desperately need the Prima guide but EB aren't expecting them for a few more days here! Eeeck!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Whats the deal with Servo??
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 05, 23:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to take it off the table before you can activate it. You can only sell it from the table. Once you activate it, it basically becomes a sim so you'll need to have an open space in the family. I don't think you can activate it if you already are playing 8 people on the lot. Also, it gets the personality, skills and aspiration of whoever activates it, so be careful and be certain you want to do it before you do. You can turn him off once he's been activated but I am not sure if you can still sell him after he's been activated. Also, he'll always have high cooking cleaning and repair even if the sim activating him doesn't.

Also, you can initialize servo to act as a male or female sim. Servo can be a vampire or zombie or vampire zombie. He recharges in sunlight (solar powered I guess) but it's an action you have to have servo selectable to do. Have him click on himself and select recharge. It doesn't matter if he's inside he'll just go outside to turn off and recharge in the sun.

Like I said, he basically acts as a sim except if he has nothing to do and there are things to be cleaned or fixed or gardened etc, he should prioritize doing those first before fooling around.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 00:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did take servo off the work table and put him on the floor but still no option at all to click on him. I might just sell him. This was lot the that screwed up so maybe it has something to do with that?

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 00:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had trouble activating a Servo on a community business lot, but I had no problems on the home lots, when I tried there. If you can't activate it on the business lot, you can put it for sale, or in the sim's inventory to activate at home.

I've noticed that Servo also goes out to recharge autonomously sometimes, dropping whatever it was doing.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 06, 05:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I read , Servo shld be able to work for free on ur community lot, serving customers and getting screwed if customers don't like him.

Go Away
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 06, 09:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a servo that actually owns three Rank 10 community lots, because I soon discovered that Servo wasn't as 'needy' as regular Sims. Servos can be on community lots just fine, they just don't seem to be able to be initialised on them. If the servo has already been actrivated, then they can go to the comm lots all they want with no problem. They just need to be on the home lot when the boot up for the first time. I think it has something to do with the way comm lot managers become playable, yet don't come home with your Sims.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: