More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 07, 10:54:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is anyone having a problem with existing lots in OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is anyone having a problem with existing lots in OFB?  (Read 2255 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Is anyone having a problem with existing lots in OFB?
« on: 2006 March 04, 10:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read about 2 board friends having problems with existing lots in OFB.  Have any of you run into that?  Both these simmers know what they are doing, so I'm worried about my own 'hoods!  OFB is on it's way to me...

VioletKitty "What happened was she was unable to do anything on a lot that had been in my houses bin (fully depreciated). She couldn't/wouldn't interact with customers for any sales interactions at all, even when I directed her to do so. They just dropped out of queue.  However, I evicted her, and put her on one of the Bluewater Village lots and she's okay. However, this does concern me that perhaps none of my pre-existing sims will be able to have home-based businesses in houses I'd already made." 

rimfire "On the houses, though, I'm a little concerned. When I was doing the dorm thing a couple days ago, I tried installing the "Federal Fortress" on a lot but the game crashed every time I tried to enter the lot. That's a Maxis-created house that I haven't played before.  I was doing a rich-kids dorm, too. The biggest difference in the two is that the more playable one is a smaller house on a smaller lot with 8 bedrooms instead of 10. It also lacks a swimming pool and fountains, but both have a car with an attached garage and lots of curtains. "

me " If you want to use a lot that hasn't been updated since you installed the last patch or EP, you should always go into it in build mode and change something before you move Sims in there. This problem has been around since the first patch I think and it's called the bug that killed happy valley."

rimfire " Unfortunately that's exactly what I did and it didn't help. I was going to look at the house to see if it would be suitable to modify as a dorm, so all I did was place it and click to enter the lot.  Maybe it would work if I placed it in a regular neighborhood first."

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: