More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 20:48:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Creating a new graveyard in a neighbourhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creating a new graveyard in a neighbourhood  (Read 12660 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Creating a new graveyard in a neighbourhood
« on: 2006 February 19, 00:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just tried to make a new graveyard in Pleasasntview because Gothier Greens downtown is getting a little overpopulated!

I chose a lot 2x3 IIRC and put a fence around the lot and a gate and a couple of trees and that's it.

I made the lot a community lot( I imagine that's right?), quit out of the game, reloaded the game and lo and behold, I had weird graphics corruption and the game just hung and wouldn't load  Huh

Needless to say, I did a backup before attempting to build the new cemetary, so I restored my game back to as it was before *phew*

Then I noticed this quote by Nectere in another thread;-

"The way it seems to be working is this:
To make a graveyard, it must be a newly placed lot in your home neighborhood - meaning if you live in Dowtown, you will use a newly placed lot in the downtown community, if you live in the base neighborhood, you will use a newly placed lot in the base neighborhood etc.

When you want to place your gravestones you use the function of clicking on the gravestone and moving it to the community graveyard, however it must be a newly placed graveyard with no other gravestones already on it. If you want to later add gravestones to this same lot, you must first retrieve all the tombstones already there. Pick up the lot, put it in the lot bin and then place it back down. Now it is once again a newly placed lot and you can then put all your gravestones back plus the new ones. (as an aside I have only been testing with one multigen family on one lot, not multiple families on multiple lots, I will do that this weekend)"

I think I've done everything correctly, so does anyone have any ideas as to why it didn't work for me?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Creating a new graveyard in a neighbourhood
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 19, 01:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know -- I downloaded a cemetary (Johansons cemetary, I think it's called) a while ago from MTS2 (I'm pretty sure), and just plopped it down in Pleasantview, and I've had no problem sending new tombstones there.  Haven't tried making one from scratch, but maybe you could look on MTS2 and grab it, and modify it to your liking.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 19, 01:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks jsalemi

I was thinking of downloading a 'ready made' one and seeing if that would work, so I'll look into it  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 01:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma seem to have done one too that you can find here:  http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=108.0
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 19, 01:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a nice looking graveyard actually.

Thanks for the link Miss Doh, much appreciated  Smiley

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 19, 01:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, that is a nice looking graveyard -- it's downloading as I type this.  Thanks!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 19, 02:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're both welcome.  Take a look at other stuff she has done and others too on that site.  There are really nice houses and starter houses available.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 19, 02:32:12 by MissDoh » Logged
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 19, 02:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually got a couple of starter houses already from laverwinkle Miss Doh.....I never thought to look there for a cemetary though, so it's a good thing you linked me back there  Smiley

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 19, 03:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a nice looking graveyard actually.

Looks way too small, though.  Consider, if Gothier Greens is getting full, getting only part of a 1x3 lot for headstones won't help for long.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 19, 04:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be that the graphics corruption is due to something other than building a new cemetery.  I built a new one Downtown and moved tombstones into it from Pleasantview with no issues.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 19, 08:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a small graveyard...I could do a bigger version if anyone is interested Grin

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 19, 09:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, for one would be interested in a larger version Emma  Smiley

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 19, 10:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a small graveyard...I could do a bigger version if anyone is interested Grin

I second the motion. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 19, 10:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had issues with moving gravestones around from place to place..then again though I've never had a lot of the tombstone moving issues people have reported.

I have a  Pleasantview graveyard/church that is my work in progress.  It's a HUGE lot.

I love my church Cheesy  It looks amazing inside at sunset with Gunmod's Radiance Lighting.

When I restart my game I'll have to post some pictures.  They aren't showing up yet since I just took them and am still in the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 20, 01:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't observed any special rule artifacts like the above. As far as I can tell, a cemetary is just an ordinary community lot, and you can send tombstones to any community lot you want to. Having "no unlink on delete" can help prevent the accidental destruction of character files with your tombstones in the event that the tombstone becomes accidentally vaporized in various attempts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 20, 15:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aussieone and jsalemi

I'll get started on making one then Grin I need a bigger one anyway-stupid cowplant Tongue

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 20, 15:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love my church Cheesy  It looks amazing inside at sunset with Gunmod's Radiance Lighting.

When I restart my game I'll have to post some pictures.  They aren't showing up yet since I just took them and am still in the game.

I'd like to see that.  I have a beautiful church as well, that I use for weddings.  I'll use it for a graveyad as well, if I ever manage to bring my myself to let my sims die.

Does Gunmod mod work for you ? It made things way too dark for me so I had to take it out.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 20, 21:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My new church and graveyard

When moving graves I recommend putting them in a sim's inventory and sending them to the community lot to place the grave themselves rather than clicking on the gravestone and sending them there like that. It seems to screw up the gravestone, they are facing the wrong way!

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 20, 22:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice indeed Emma...

I will download this next time I'm on my home computer  Smiley

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 20, 22:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you like it Smiley

gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 20, 22:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great I downloaded it but I have a question. You said it was created with the newest patch. I haven't patched my game yet ( a little leery of doing it yet will if I have to) does anyone know if it will cause problems with the lot if I don't patch my game?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 20, 22:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you like it Smiley

That's lovely, Emma -- thanks for sharing it!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 22, 14:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see that.  I have a beautiful church as well, that I use for weddings.  I'll use it for a graveyad as well, if I ever manage to bring my myself to let my sims die.

Does Gunmod mod work for you ? It made things way too dark for me so I had to take it out.

The lighting mod was hard to get used to at first..that's for sure. It can make building a pain at times as well, but overall I love the effects so the downsides are worth it to me.
Here's some pics, the lot setup is pretty crappy but I'm still working on it.

The whole lot:

The church:

Inside church at sunset:

Those are just a few but that's the idea.    That big cross in the front of the church, I once sent Dina there to place some graves of her dead husbands.  I left her unattended for a few and when I came back I found her up there at the front of the church boo'ing the cross.  I might have a pic somewhere lol  It seemed very Dina like.

My favorite part of the graveyard?  The final resting place of lost townie children & teens muahahaha
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 22, 16:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a beautiful lot!  Where did you get the non-standard grave markers?  The one with the cross on top and the obelisk-like one, in fact, any headstones not supplied by EA.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 22, 17:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PSA: Gunmod Radiance Lighting 2.2 beta RC1: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=133383
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: