More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:46:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lost to the Void?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lost to the Void?  (Read 3787 times)
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Lost to the Void?
« on: 2006 February 21, 20:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night as I was playing the Dreamer household (Dirk, Darren and pregnant Cassandra) in their Downtown loft, I realized that Cassandra was on her 5th day of pregnancy (aging was definitely on).  As I had just redecorated the home, I was too lazy to move them all out and back in, so I had Cassandra move out and then teleported her back with Inge's teleporter. 

Once back, I had Darren chat her up and then Propose Move In.  She moved back in with the 20,000, her avatar showed up on the family panel and all of her stats seemed normal.  However, she had a whole series of actions queued up, but she wouldn't do anything I instructed her to do.

That's when I decided to move them out and into a pre-made house.  While Cassandra was on the load screen, when the lot became playable she was not on the family panel and could not be called.  Using Inge's teleporter again, I found her under "Family$" and although she showed up on the lot, my game crashed when Dirk went to interact with her.

A little background:  Mortimer has died on another lot and even though Cassandra has a memory of his death, she does not have a memory of an inheritance (Dina and Alexander both do) nor was the money added to the Dreamer households' funds.  Cassandra was also made over in SimPe so that she has Bella and Mortimer's genetics.  This is a new Pleasantview/Downtown and I've only added 5 CAS sims so far.

I have not attempted to reload the game or dig around in SimPe, having effed up twice already.  I just need a little guidance from people with a little more experience before I try to rectify the situation (if it can be fixed).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Lost to the Void?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 21, 21:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly did the house come from?  If it was originally a Uni campus house, that would explain why aging on wasn't working.

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 21, 22:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use Inge teleporter.  I've had flaky results moving sims in.  Since your is already acting very flaky, try moving her into a lot on her own.  Add a phone.  Invite her over and then ask her to move in.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 21, 22:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And make sure the lot isn't a Uni one! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 21, 23:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot is one I downloaded from TSR- definitely non-Uni.  I'll see what I can accomplish without the teleporter.  I've tried calling her, but that doesn't work.  Maybe I can find her another way.  Thanks for the help!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 22, 00:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried adding her to the family manually in SimPE?  I've never had any problems when I've done that, I do it all the time when students graduate from Uni, so I can combine them into one household, and sometimes for other reasons as well.  The Cassandra in my new Pleasantview is also a genetic product of Bella & Mortimer (cloned onto the original) and so far I've had no problems playing her at all.  She's already had a baby and there were no glitches there.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 22, 03:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually wondering if she's become unlinked after the trouble you had with the lot.  You would need to look at her file in simpE, and look in particular for the linked, unlinked box, which will show a number ending in either a 1 or a 0.  If I remember rightly, linked is 0, unlinked is 1 (you can check that first with a sim you know is linked - it's late and my memory isn't too good at this hour), and if the wrong digit is shown, you can correct it and commit.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 22, 03:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure everything matches up in the "extended browser", too. Age, family number, etc. I've had this happen a few times, where sims have gone off to the default family.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: