More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 06:40:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tricou Name Mystery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tricou Name Mystery  (Read 55448 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Tricou Name Mystery
« Reply #100 on: 2005 November 16, 23:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me know how they work out!  I meant to add, the only other thing I did was to restore Lilith's genetic personality.  After all, how much can that have been changed through the favouritism shown to her sister by both her parents?  Hardly her fault!  LOL!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 November 16, 23:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me know how they work out!  I meant to add, the only other thing I did was to restore Lilith's genetic personality.  After all, how much can that have been changed through the favouritism shown to her sister by both her parents?  Hardly her fault!  LOL!
will do

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 November 17, 01:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/Bangelnuts/snapshot_b087a86c_1087a870.jpg[/IMG]

Here ya go Lilith and her new Boyfriend Jory

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 November 17, 04:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great!  Glad they're working out - and are Daniel and Mary-Sue being nicer to her?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 November 17, 05:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great!  Glad they're working out - and are Daniel and Mary-Sue being nicer to her?
yep

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 November 17, 15:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just goes to show, the original lot was fixed somehow!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2006 January 29, 14:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my new Pleasantview, the first thing both Daniel & Mary-Sue tried to do when they came home from work was poke or shove poor Lilith and Angela wasn't much better.  In the end, I extended the fence at the far end of the property and made a little pen, so everytime any of them attempted to bother another family member, they went into the pen.  This and similar things makes me desperate for a way of letting the Sims know WHY these things are happening to them and I really do hope this is somethng they introduce in TS3.  I find the fact that they never learn their lessons the most frustrating part of the game.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 January 29, 15:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason they poke and shove Lilith as their default choices of action is simply because they have low relationship. Improve the relationship and they'll rapidly stop being mean to Lilith.

Me, I had no problems from them whatsoever. When I came upon the family, my first thought was, "Man, these sims are stupid and have no skillpoints at all!".

I set about to correcting this deficiency immediately, and the Lilith situation rapidly improved on its own. They can't have negative interactions when they're too busy to fight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2006 January 30, 00:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I know WHY they do it, but it still drives me bonkers.  I find myself shouting at them "That's your DAUGHTER, you moron", which is a totally pointless exercise but makes me feel better (sort of).  Lilith & Angela became friends at Uni, mainly because I always stopped them before they had the chance to get at each other, but also because they were both too busy with either classes or their respective boyfriends (in Lilith's case, Trepie).  Hasn't stopped Lilith getting into bother though, she's in prison at the moment for fighting.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 January 30, 03:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ptt.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 February 05, 09:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you look at what Maxis did to her original genetic personality, on top of which they gave her the Popularity aspiration, it's no wonder the poor kid was so mixed up!  Hard to make friends when you're low on nice points and very shy!

I always find, though, that he gets on really well with Don Lothario - even after NL started sending teens home at 9.00 pm (since whenever did teenagers go home on time?) Lilith stayed ALL weekend in Don's hot-tub, and didn't even go home when he went to work!  By the end of the weekend they were buddies and she was much happier as a result - if the family annoyed her, she could go and phone Don!  Since he hated Mary-Sue too, they had lots to chat about.....

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 February 05, 10:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, some of the aspirations of default families are odd choices given the personalities - Nina, Lillith etc.  I'm getting into the habit of checking simpe memories when they are a child & seeing what they want to be or for adults just changing them.  I felt really sorry for Nina as romance.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 February 05, 11:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the Tricous as the donor sims for plastic surgery.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 February 05, 15:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, some of the aspirations of default families are odd choices given the personalities - Nina, Lillith etc.  I'm getting into the habit of checking simpe memories when they are a child & seeing what they want to be or for adults just changing them.  I felt really sorry for Nina as romance.

Yes, Alexander is given the fortune aspiration - as a child! - I'm afraid I usually delete that and give him Popularity! 

Nina is definitely better suited to Fortune than Dina - now with NL one can give her the most suitable one - Pleasure!

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 February 05, 22:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only played Nina as knowledge but I'll give fortune a try this time round - she & Morty have 2 bolts together which is better than Dina & Morty who only have one. 

With Alex, I thought it was a little unusual that he ended up with fortune as his family is already rich. I like to play my fortune sims as those with nothing at all rising up and becoming rich at the end. 

I'm curious though, what did you end up changing Lillith to? 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2006 February 05, 23:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed Angela & Lilith in my new Pleasantview, because the way I look at it the last thing either of them should be is Popularity, seeing as they're so introverted.  In my original Pleasantview, Angela in particular had hardly any friends at all and she never wanted to talk to anybody.  Anyway, in my new one I made Angela Family (totally unsuitable, she was a lousy mother first time round, but what was the alternative - Romance?!) and Lilith is Fortune.  I am actually considering turning Angela into Grilled Cheese, somehow I think it would suit her.  She's so utterly B-O-R-I-N-G she may as well bore everyone to tears in style.

I'm not sure what to do about Nina.  It's clear she wants to be Knowledge (she can't keep off the telescope), but when I tried her out as Knowledge she went down a bolt with Don (who she lives with and has a kid by) and only had 2 instead of 3.  I'm sort of hoping she will catch him 'at it' and then I can change her.  She's recently come out of jail for fighting, so it could be a sort of epiphany situation maybe.  She doesn't really have many Romance wants anyway and I never satisfy the ones she does get.  Don is the one who's doing all the carrying-on, Nina never has time anyway - when she isn't on the telescope she's cleaning and the rest of the time she's at work.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 February 05, 23:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lillith (as popularity) was constantly unhappy and ended up fighting so many people. I maxed out her body skills so she wouldn't keep losing fights as I figured she needed something to go right for her  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 February 05, 23:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just edited her in SimPE so she had the same number of outgoing points as in her genetic personality (4, I think) which was enough to make her able to be friendly to everyone.  I also edited her niceness for the same reason, so she didn't get into so many fights!  By the time she left Uni she had 30 best friends and if I'd changed her LTW to the have 20 Best Friends she'd have been permaplat before she even started work!

I don't think you can NOT have the premade Downtown.

What do you mean? - I don't have the premade Downtown in my main neighbourhood.

My goodness, you went back a bit to find that didn't you!  I never actually said you couldn't, just that was what I thought at the time, and naturally, you can't have any downtown in your Main Neighbourhood - it's an extension, just as the University is!
« Last Edit: 2006 February 05, 23:55:21 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 February 06, 00:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can NOT have the premade Downtown.

What do you mean? - I don't have the premade Downtown in my main neighbourhood.

My goodness, you went back a bit to find that didn't you!  I never actually said you couldn't, just that was what I thought at the time, and naturally, you can't have any downtown in your Main Neighbourhood - it's an extension, just as the University is!

Whoops - sorry, I realised I'd responded to a much earlier part of the thread and came back and deleted the message.  I suppose when I think about my main neighbourhood I think of all of the extensions belonging to it as being in the same area.  I tell stories - so all the scenes are part of the same 'book' if you see what I mean, in the same place.  I guess it depends on how you think about it.

Inteen for AL, yay!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 February 06, 00:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean.  As to my comment about not being able to NOT have the default Downtown, I thought that was the case at the time, from something I'd read (can't remember where).

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: