More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 06:06:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Error With Walkbys (poss Ingelogical Cause?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error With Walkbys (poss Ingelogical Cause?)  (Read 5769 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Error With Walkbys (poss Ingelogical Cause?)
« on: 2006 January 25, 16:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new lot, one with caravans (it's called Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, I think someone here uploaded it, possibly on MTS2) ... anyway, for some reason there are never any walkbys and the welcome party couldn't make an appearance, I just kept getting errors.  There was one walkby on the first morning, Komei Tellerman, but after that it all stopped.  The errors for some reason always involve Inge's penal career, although the Sims in that (all townies) have had no problems walking by other lots.  The first day the invite downtown call from some downtownie none of them had ever heard of didn't come and only came after I'd exited the game and gone back in (by which time 2 days had gone by).  Unfortunately, that didn't help with the walkby errors.  Even the postgirl couldn't come until I deleted the error, although that might have been relating to the walkby as it occurs around the same time.  I've got Crammyboy's portal fix and the warning mod, but that hasn't come into play, so I don't think anything's missing.  The carpool and school bus arrive normally and visitors have come back from work, so it appears to be totally confined to pedestrians.

I'm attaching one of the error logs that came up when the welcome party was trying to make an appearance.  

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2006 January 25, 18:31:53 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Error With Walkbys (poss Ingelogical Cause?)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 25, 16:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new lot, one with caravans (it's called Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, I think someone here uploaded it, possibly on MTS2)

I don't know about your error, but I just wanted to tell you Witch made that lot, and it's on laverwinklesims.  Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 25, 16:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it was Witch, I remember now.  It's a bit of a pain actually (not the lot, the way the game works).  It has large slopes at the back which I was going to use to plant a vegetable garden (I just downloaded one from MTS2 which enables the Sims to either sell or use the food grown) but although I can place the various vegs and trees with moveobjectson (not without), the Sims can't get to them.  I wish they'd do something about that, because the space is basically wasted due to them not being able to access it.  I don't want to flatten it because it will spoil the look of the lot, but if I don't they can't have their vegetable garden and hippies need a vegetable garden.  The only other option I suppose is to get rid of the pond, but I don't really want to do that either. 

Anyway, this is not really on topic, but I just fancied wittering on about it.  I really love that lot, the caravans are great and make me all nostalgic for my childhood caravan holidays.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 25, 18:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a new version of the caravan lot on laverwinklesims so downloaded that, put it into an entirely different place in the neighbourhood and moved my hippy family into it.  Exactly the same error occurred just after 10 am when the walkby was scheduled, again mentioning the penal system career.  All I can think of is that something on the lot is conflicting with Inge's prison career, but quite how that could happen I have no idea. 

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 25, 19:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, you could have tried posting this on the simlogical forum if you think it's from one of my things!  I don't read every single thread on here.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 25, 19:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The temp was set wrong for some reason.  Evaluates to -1 which I wouldn't have thought could possibly match a constant!   There are no constants missing from my career anyway, cos I only made it the standard way using bidouts career editor.   Anyway the temp must have been passed in by the tip jar - or at least that's what your error message seems to be saying!!!   WTF?   I don't think a tip jar is supposed to be calling job globals.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 26, 04:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a tip jar. It's passed in by the attempt to form a Welcome Wagon trying to see if the sim, in this case somebody in your prison, is at work. Since you probably didn't give prison-peoples work hours, it evaluated to some kind of gibberish.

The only reason you see a tip jar in the log is because the Stack Object ID variable is being used for something like an NID, which happens to correspond to the object ID of a tip jar somewhere on the lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 26, 07:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The penal career is just a bog-standard custom career that acts like a normal career when you're playing the officer's home lot.  Anyway the call was meant to have set up Temp 0 to something meaningful as it looks for Const (Temp0) and Temp 0 was -1 according to the error message.    Let's put it this way, I am not saying there is *nothing* wrong with the career, but it's not been deliberately hacked by me other than by the career editor according to standard tutorial instructions.   There are definitely start times and end times and days of work.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 26, 14:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I not having any problems with walkbys using that career and I have four sims using it at this time from their home lots as well as the prison. Does it seem more probable that the lot is to blame?

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 26, 16:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the lot, it was happening on all lots.  I took the Prison folder out of Downloads and everything worked fine, so it's something in there, but I think it's clashing with something I've added since, because it didn't happen when I first installed the Prison items.  Quite what I don't know, because all I've added since are objects that weren't even on the lots, so I'm going to have to go through everything bit by bit to try to isolate whatever it is.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 26, 17:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge: Is it possible for your area controllers to "leak" if a room isn't completely sealed? Say, if there was a hole in the "roof", would the access restrictions in the room leak outside and into the entire lot?

Instant gratification takes too long.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 26, 17:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the roof, but walls have to be joined up.    Also if you have a roof terrace but without a continuous fence round it, that "leaks".

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 26, 18:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the roof, but walls have to be joined up.    Also if you have a roof terrace but without a continuous fence round it, that "leaks".

That is true for the Lucy in the Sky lot - there is a terrace which doesn't have a continuos fence because of the stairs leading up to it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: