More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 00:17:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Possible hack? Dorm-style apartment building in hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Possible hack? Dorm-style apartment building in hood  (Read 15030 times)
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Possible hack? Dorm-style apartment building in hood
« on: 2006 January 13, 19:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make a mod that allows for building dorm-style apartment buildings in your regular neighborhood?

With that I mean houses where you control one or more sims and the rest are townies. Or would it possibly work downtown or on a community lot?

INTJ
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Possible hack? Dorm-style apartment building in hood
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 13, 19:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make a mod that allows for building dorm-style apartment buildings in your regular neighborhood?

With that I mean houses where you control one or more sims and the rest are townies. Or would it possibly work downtown or on a community lot?

You can use Inge's security system to set-up the lot as an apartment. You can't have townies stay there but you could use her customer teleporter bush to bring townies to the lot and just act like they live in some of the apartments. Or you could have "controllable" sims in some of the apartments that you don't bother to control and just let them run around with free will on.

www.simlogical.com
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 13, 23:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could move the townies in, then let them be the controllable sims you just ignore!  However, you'd have to check their needs occasionally, or they'd be dropping down dead!

Zephyr Zodiac
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 13, 23:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another board someone said you can set up a res lot with apartments, use the Myne doors on the apartments, have your sim claim a door, then change the zoning to a dorm and this would allow for 'apartments.' I think they said the empty apts. will fill up with townies. I have not tried this yet, but I'm goning to.

I have used Inge's system and it's excellent. Lotsa fun.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 14, 00:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where I could download some apartments, prisons, or schools using Inge's hacks?  I'd love to use them, but I'm much too lazy to create my own lots. Sad
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 14, 01:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about laverwinklesims.com? Lots of houses, some were absolutely gorgeous. They also have a few community lots.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 14, 05:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These don't have Inge's security system in place, but that's easy enough to add.

Here are two apartment buildings I built:
http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=174.0
http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=181.0

If you have a subscription to TSR, Shakeshaft, ErwinSims and Dotcombuilder have several apartment buildings. Crazy One has a lot called "Simcity Suburbs" which is the lot I modified to make the MATYville slum area (you can see pictures in the MATYville real estate thread). Uma Design has an elementary school.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 14, 19:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did just get some buildings from Laverwinkle - just gorgeous.  And I go to TSR to get free stuff once in a while.  Maybe I should subscribe. 

I'd really like to find some prisons - once I put JMP in my game, I know he'd like to be the warden.  Grin
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 14, 21:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did just get some buildings from Laverwinkle - just gorgeous.  And I go to TSR to get free stuff once in a while.  Maybe I should subscribe. 

I'd really like to find some prisons - once I put JMP in my game, I know he'd like to be the warden.  Grin

Humybyrd might know where you could get a prison. You might want to PM and ask her about it.  Wink
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 14, 22:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another board someone said you can set up a res lot with apartments, use the Myne doors on the apartments, have your sim claim a door, then change the zoning to a dorm and this would allow for 'apartments.' I think they said the empty apts. will fill up with townies. I have not tried this yet, but I'm goning to.

I have used Inge's system and it's excellent. Lotsa fun.

This intrigued me so I had to try it. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work for me. I changed the zoning to dorm after my sim claimed a door, then exited and saved to neighborhood (to finalize the zoning change) and then went back to the lot and waited for several sim hours. No newspaper came, Jan Tellerman walked by, but no townies came and claimed a door.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 14, 22:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These don't have Inge's security system in place, but that's easy enough to add.

If you have a subscription to TSR, Shakeshaft, ErwinSims and Dotcombuilder have several apartment buildings. Crazy One has a lot called "Simcity Suburbs" which is the lot I modified to make the MATYville slum area (you can see pictures in the MATYville real estate thread). Uma Design has an elementary school.

For a slum area, have you seen what CycloneSue has been up to lately?  She has a series called Urban Renewal. It's a set of run down appartements and houses.  I created a whole slum area near the water tower in my 'hood.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 15, 00:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a slum area, have you seen what CycloneSue has been up to lately?  She has a series called Urban Renewal. It's a set of run down appartements and houses.  I created a whole slum area near the water tower in my 'hood.

Yep. Love her stuff.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 15, 00:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

angelyne: please a link or site name?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 15, 00:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CycloneSue is at The Sims Resource.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 15, 00:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! *off to TSR*
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 15, 01:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really like to find some prisons - once I put JMP in my game, I know he'd like to be the warden. 

Alternatively, you could put him in solitary!

Zephyr Zodiac
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 17, 10:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know about Inge's hacks, that is kind of what prompted the question in the first place.
But I would like to be able to live on a community lot (or dorm), like you sort of could in TS1 if you had beds and fridges that were usable by visitors.

This kind of hack if it is possible is probably more up Inge's alley than JM's anyway.
I just want lots of autonomous sims running around interacting with my controllable sims but otherwise not my "problem" if you know what I mean.
I could never leave sims to fend for themselves if I moved them in, too much of a softie for that.

INTJ
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 17, 13:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know about Inge's hacks, that is kind of what prompted the question in the first place.
But I would like to be able to live on a community lot (or dorm), like you sort of could in TS1 if you had beds and fridges that were usable by visitors.

This kind of hack if it is possible is probably more up Inge's alley than JM's anyway.
I just want lots of autonomous sims running around interacting with my controllable sims but otherwise not my "problem" if you know what I mean.
I could never leave sims to fend for themselves if I moved them in, too much of a softie for that.

Get Inge's PY2 plant for a few controllable but ignored sims.. the plants can be set to keep their needs up so they don't die.. leaving you free to play the sims you want.

eta: it's found under her sims 2 "miscellaneous objects".

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 17, 14:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work for me. I changed the zoning to dorm after my sim claimed a door, then exited and saved to neighborhood (to finalize the zoning change)

in my notes on changing zoning, it says you can't have a sim already living on the lot when you change it  Huh
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 18, 09:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work for me. I changed the zoning to dorm after my sim claimed a door, then exited and saved to neighborhood (to finalize the zoning change)

in my notes on changing zoning, it says you can't have a sim already living on the lot when you change it  Huh

That's what I heard too. And you can't do changelotzoning to dorm in a residential neighborhood anyway. Does not work. Unless someone is able to hack it.

INTJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: