More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:49:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims can't get married - again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims can't get married - again  (Read 8197 times)
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims can't get married - again
« on: 2005 August 06, 13:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there's a topic with this same subject. I've read it but I believe there are some differences between both. The problem is the same: sims can't get married (with or without the arch). Again the "jump-bug".  But the other guy had deleted some memory tokens with SimPe. I didn't. I never deleted anything with SimPe but the townies (hate them!). I believe my problem is that of "too many files".
I began a neighborhood from scratch last october. Made all the characters. I'm playing with my 6th generation of sims! I love my villa and I love my sims! I don't want to lose them! My character folder has actually 957 files but only 210 aren't NPCs!!!
« Last Edit: 2005 August 07, 00:06:07 by draranha » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims can't get married - again
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 07, 00:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have an actual jumping occurring during the marriage ceremony, get the error log and attach it here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 07, 12:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error log file is too large (138 K). I had to zip it.
Thank you for your attention!
« Last Edit: 2005 August 08, 23:36:48 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 08, 23:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I made a test and newly made sims can get married. So, this must be a memory related problem...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 08, 23:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is indeed a memory problem. One of your sims has a corrupted marriage memory pointing at invalid NIDs. Have you inappropriately deleted any sims, such as a stub-wife?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 08, 23:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I didn't delete anybody.  But I noticed that when I try to marry them, they jump and next one of them gets the memory o marriage and the other doesn't.  But the wish of getting married is not fullfiled, as if it never happened.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 09, 00:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, because it's erroring while scanning somebody's memories for a marriage, and apparently, one of the marriage memories is corrupted on either that sim, or a relative of that sim.

draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 09, 00:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's strange because it's happening actually with 4 couples. They all have just graduated and back to the nhood. Parents and the rest of the village are allright. And the error is the same with all of them. This may be related to downloaded houses? 3 couples are in downloaded houses (the very first time I used it) and the 4th is in an old house I builded.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 09, 13:26:17 by draranha » Logged
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 09, 13:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I come to think of it, the 4 couples are related (3 siblings and a cousin) The 8 of them know each other and are best friends. When the first marriage went wrong, everybody got that corrupted memory. Can it be so?
I'll attach here the first marrieage error log.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 August 09, 13:33:04 by draranha » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 09, 22:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this looks like the same problem as before. They were already corrupted then, and it's part of the test for the Fambly Sim "marry off 6 children" want. Have any of these sims ever had memories manually created, or a $subject memory?

draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 09, 22:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as you can see, I'm an Asinine Airhead. I don't even know how to create or erase a memory.
So these guys will live in sin for I won't marry them. LOL! That's not a big deal, isn't it? I mean, if they go on with their lives that's fine by me. Hope that memory problem doesn't screw the rest of the game...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: