More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 11:45:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What the...??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What the...??  (Read 19986 times)
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: What the...??
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 07, 21:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...just out of curiosity for us non-US residents (a.k.a. Europeans), who is Jack Thompson?!?
On a further note about deconsoring, it's one of the first things I do too. I use an .exe modifier I found over at gamecopyworld, and I've d/led a number of anatomically correct skin tones as well to get rid of those stupid barbie-ken-doll skins. The Paradise Sims skins are my first choice.

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 07, 21:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...just out of curiosity for us non-US residents (a.k.a. Europeans), who is Jack Thompson?!?

I've been wondering that too!  At a guess, I'd say he was some kind of American male Mary Whitehouse!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 07, 21:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a further note about deconsoring, it's one of the first things I do too. I use an .exe modifier I found over at gamecopyworld, and I've d/led a number of anatomically correct skin tones as well to get rid of those stupid barbie-ken-doll skins. The Paradise Sims skins are my first choice.

Well, as far as I can tell, he is one of those holier than thou types the american public seems to have to content with; possessed by the 17th century puritans most likely, and far more victorian than Queen Victoria ever was. For a country claiming to be far ahead of the rest of the world, the U.S. has very constricting ideas about sexuality and nudity. For some reason or other the nude human body is something nasty, and sexuality is talked about in hushed tones, and sexual intercourse is called the 'dirty deed'. I was very puzzled too about that in the beginning.

Anyhow, this man is a lawyer who claims that TS2 should be rated R or M because of full frontal nudity and other assorted sexual issues, like claiming that TS2 serves phedophiles. I don't understand it myself, but this is what I gleaned from reading about it on the forums. He plans to sue ea/maxis so that the rating is changed here in the U.S. He is inconsequential for us Europeans, but I'm curious how this will come out in the end.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 07, 22:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, so far, the issue has largely died. EA has naturally dismissed the allegations as absurd and at last check, I heard he was backing down.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 07, 22:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, so far, the issue has largely died. EA has naturally dismissed the allegations as absurd and at last check, I heard he was backing down.

I didn't think it would come to anything, it has been ridiculous from the start. As my Grandmama used to say: "You can do things, and you can overdo things." It was somewhat clear from the beginning that the man had overreached and overestimated his importance.

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 07, 22:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think paedophiles would rate Sims2 content as uninteresting!

Zephyr Zodiac
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 07, 22:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you need it? I used it once, and all I saw was naked dolls - nothing interesting, and I took it off. My sims have sexy dresses, and that's far more interesting...Smiley.

Actually there are a lot of nude real parts default skins.  Go to MTS2 and you can find your fill if you want you sims to be nude and look real.

sasha

Whoever said it is better to love than to never have loved at all never had the good fortune to the love the people I have loved!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 07, 22:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally don't really care whether or not my sims look like nude human beings when they streak etc.!  But I did install Inge's patch to get rid of the censor for the simple reason that it just looks plain ridiculous and quite frankly some of the sexy underwear is far more suggestive than mere nudity anyway!

It's also a bit crazy having sims throw up their hands in horror at a naked sim in the hottub when all you can see is half his/her face and a blur!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 07, 22:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think paedophiles would rate Sims2 content as uninteresting!

I can assure you of that ZZ. Pedophiles would rate TS2 as the most boring game they ever came across. They are more likely to crawl around the games boards and forums in search for prey, but the game itself would hold no attraction. Hence my outrage when ea/maxis tried to entice the children populating their official board into revealing their most personal information via a survey.

G.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 07, 22:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's absolutely dreadful!  I had no idea they did that!  Seems like some of them want their heads examined!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 07, 22:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's absolutely dreadful! I had no idea they did that! Seems like some of them want their heads examined!

Or served on a tin platter. So they could rid ourselves of their stupidity.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 07, 22:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds a very biblical solution!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 07, 23:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds a very biblical solution!

Mmm...biblical with a hint of Tolkien actually! And with a more fitting material for the platter!  Wink

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 08, 01:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're just trying to simify everyone so that they can be haplessly exploited. Quite like sims, really.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 08, 01:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember if you've been on any of the Daily Idiot threads, but you should go over there and join us (even though it's slow today, for some reason).

I check out the Iotd quite regularly actually. I don't post much in the thread, by the time I've caught up with everyone else's posts I no longer have the patience to wade through the mind-numbing idiocy rampant on the BBS. But I do faithfully post sarcastic remarks in the nominated threads. It's the least I can do.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 08, 01:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well good.  Sometimes we need more than a handful of farmers to corral the sheep, if you know what I mean.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: