More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:06:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HELP Please. My Sim become unclickable after a Downtown tour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HELP Please. My Sim become unclickable after a Downtown tour.  (Read 3760 times)
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
HELP Please. My Sim become unclickable after a Downtown tour.
« on: 2005 December 01, 17:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I surfed around those forums for the entire afternoon before asking here.
Maybe is because I'm not english but I believe to not have seen this before.

I have Nightlife + patch just installed. I play on a custom Neighboor using the default Academy associated and the default Downtown associated.
I have also some hacks installed, ALL seems to be certified for NL, as some from JM, Nudist from Cboy, swinger bed and waterbed from LizzLove and the latest release of Inseminator (2.2 UV) and finally smartlights and smartfoods by dizzy. (BTW, thanks to all those great guys for their hard work).

Into some of my lots I have added the cars (default maxis).

My problem: Everytime I send a Sim to Downtown, after a while into the downtown itself or after returning to his lot, this sim becomes unclickable. I place my mouse on and he "jumps" stand right (as a soldier, lol), appears to me the little pop-up "this is the active sim" but nothing to do with the own menus. I continue to be able to give him order clicking on objects, other sims and so on but ansolutely nothing directly on him.

If everyone can put me on the right direction to solve this, I send him a train of simoleons. Cheesy

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.
Ice

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: HELP Please. My Sim become unclickable after a Downtown tour.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 01, 17:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it once.

The Limo came to abduct my sim, but the policeman walked half of the way to him and returned to the car, without finishing the standard ritual. Nevertheless, my sim was taken to the Secret Society, made some friends there, but couldn't phone to go home, and he was wearing his everyday clothes.

I rebooted the computer while he was at the SS club. When I enterred to his lot again, I couldnt order him to do anything - after the order, he jumped aside like soldier, and that's all.

I think it happened because the lot was corrupted. So, I exited to the neighbourhood, moved him to the students bin, and then put him in a new-built house.

Everything returned to function normally.
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 01, 17:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhmmm...

I don't think mine is a corrupted lot problem because I never had it with UNI with the same lots/sims but only with NL and only when a sims go to downtown.
Again, if only a sim go downtown while the other(s) remains at home, the others itselfs are not affected by the problem.

Maybe it's related to a "gipsy bug" combined with the romancemod by JM (latest version)?

Well, I can't live without hacks, but, as always, the only sure way is to remove them all and test them one by one, for the moment or since someone could help me (I asked here just to prevent the long hard way, LOL).

Ice

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 01, 19:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romancemod is not quite officially approved for NL yet. It is, as far as I know, still in testing. Try removing that.

Additionally, there is another unfinished, unofficially released hack relating to cars. This may have been available in one of the moreawesomethanyou Director's Cut archives, but Pescado has stated that this is also not quite ready.

If your problem still persists, you should turn on debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and go to Downtown. When the error occurs, a log file is generated in your Logs directory. Zip that file up and post it here for the modders to examine and perhaps they can determine what might be causing your problem. Smiley

Ste

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 01, 19:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, the carhack just caused problems with blank dialog boxes after clicking multiple sims. Otherwise, it just adds the same feature as the taxi part of the phone hack, except to cars. I'm no modder though, so I could be wrong...

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 01, 19:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed Iceman said that he had smartlights installed. Isn't that conflicting with some of the downtown lots lighting? (Or am I confusing that mod with another?)
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 02, 10:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, thanks to all folks!

It seems I resolved the problem unistalling the JM's romancemod and the LizzLove's swingerbed.
Don't know which is really problematic (just in testing), if only one, both, or both because one vs other.
I hope I'll can tell you quickly.

How I can say at this moment:

1. No problems at all with dizzy's smartlights2.
2. No problems at all with default or custom cars.
3. No problems at all with TJ casual romance, visitor zapper and noromanceswoon.
4. No problems at all with Cboy's nudist hack 2.05 , Normal clothing and Clothing event.
5. No problems at all with JM's phonehack, moveoutbug and nobusker.
6. No problems at all with Inseminator 2.2.

For others JM's and Cboy's hacks, I'm still in testing.

BTW, I'm also trying to translate the more complicated hacks (as Casual Romance by TJ) into my own Italian Language.
If anyone is interested, tell me by pm.

Again, thanks for all your suggestions.
Regards,
Ice

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 02, 20:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have a feeling I read somewhere that the romance mod and the Love bed are incompatible.

Zephyr Zodiac
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 03, 16:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi to all,

I'm still in testing for some hacks. Not sure if here is the right place, but I have noticed that the vampirefix creates a bad bug.
With it installed, the default downtown does not load anymore. Two ages with the loading screen but nothing happens.
I'm sure it is the problem, because no problem at all exists without it.
Note also I HAVE the clothing fix by Cboy installed (both).

Another little glitch is with the Casual Romance by TJ. It seems that the "first woohoo cinematic" goes a little crazy with.
The camera is not properly shooting at the bed, but a little side out or randomly shooting on the nearest wall.

Regards,
Ice

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: