More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 03:33:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  nobuskers question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: nobuskers question  (Read 4273 times)
pearlbh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
nobuskers question
« on: 2005 September 22, 14:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that the nobuskers hack is on the list of hacks that are not working with Nightlife...  I've had it in my downloads folder all along and haven't noticed any problems.  So, what problems might it be causing with NL, exactly?  This is one of those hacks I think I'd go insane if I didn't have, so I'm inclined to just leave it in there.... 

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: nobuskers question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 22, 14:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.  WHY on earth would you try to solicit tips from your own family?  And why must you perform for tips every freaking chance you get?  I was trying to get two sims that live in the same house to interact with each other, and every time the one would drop the jar and sit down, I'd cancel it and they still had to go through the whole loop, by which time the other sim had wandered off to do something equally annoying.  I'd drag them back over, and by that time, the other sim was back putting the tip jar out again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  So STUPID.  Yet another indication that Maxis never really played this game.
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 22, 14:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that the nobuskers hack is on the list of hacks that are not working with Nightlife...  I've had it in my downloads folder all along and haven't noticed any problems.  So, what problems might it be causing with NL, exactly?  This is one of those hacks I think I'd go insane if I didn't have, so I'm inclined to just leave it in there.... 

Same here. If it wasn't for this hack I wouldn't have any musical instruments in my houses.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 22, 14:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, I'm not sure why Pescado's doesn't work, but I trust that Boris knows what he's talking about.

TwoJeffs has a busker tipping hack that's on his list of working hacks with Nightlife though.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=447

*edit: make sure you don't use them both together, it's a one or the other deal*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 22, 15:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, I'm not sure why Pescado's doesn't work, but I trust that Boris knows what he's talking about.

TwoJeffs has a busker tipping hack that's on his list of working hacks with Nightlife though.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=447

*edit: make sure you don't use them both together, it's a one or the other deal*

Unfortunately, that's not the same thing. And twojeffs says that they're compatable.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 03, 07:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey. The nobuskers hack doesn't work for me either. Maybe it only works if you had it installed before you installed NL? Dunno.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 03, 08:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? I just installed it and it seems to be working for me - I have NL...  Huh

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 03, 14:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. Is it supposed to keep people from busking in dorms too? (During normal gameplay- not a party.) I thought it was.

Maybe it's because I installed it and then loaded a saved game where someone was already in the middle of busking?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 04, 01:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dorms are considered a valid location for buskers due to the fact that there's generally a large population of wandering people to solicit tips from. Frathouses and rentals are not, since these lack audience.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: