More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 12:55:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I can't believe I did that... *Gape*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I can't believe I did that... *Gape*  (Read 5261 times)
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
I can't believe I did that... *Gape*
« on: 2005 November 26, 17:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my GOD (that I don't even believe in). I don't know whether to cry, yell, slap myself, or all three... I just have to get this off my chest.

So, I started playing my Sims game after a pretty substantial hiatus. I was getting really into it, playing my Fawn family.. I let them get pregnant with their third baby, so on and so forth. The baby was born, yada-yada, and then he transitioned to a toddler and I was awe-struck by his sweet perfection. Immeadiately (sp?), I thought to myself "This is the most gorgeous toddler I have ever had in the entire time I've been playing the Sims 2"... I had to take pictures, then minimized the game so I could clean it up, crop it, and so forth. Here's the toddler in question:

After I was done with the image, I decided I'd make it into my desktop pic right away... I clicked 'Apply' and suddenly something popped up and told me that Nightlife had crashed and was going to close. My chest tightened... How much had I lost? I was certain I had saved while he was a baby. I open the game and go into the household to find that the last time I saved was right before Giovanni was born. Since sims are made at birth, not at conception... it means he's lost.  Cry

The biggest punch in the face is that I normally save constantly.  Undecided

Moral of the story: It can bloody wait till you're done playing!  Angry

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: I can't believe I did that... *Gape*
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 26, 17:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, there *pat, pat*, it's alright, maybe it'll happen again with this couple, maybe the new baby will be just as pretty. (I know, empty and hollow, but that toddler is really the most adorable looking sim I've ever seen in my life).

Since the parents were capable of doing it once, maybe they can do it again, hopefully without going through too many pregnancies. But then again, people like me get so disgusted at the game sometimes that they stop playing for a while after being f***d over by it. :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 26, 18:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He is a beauty. Maybe you'll get the "what randomization" thing and the sibling will be just like the brother. <crosses fingers for you> That sounds like the kind of thing I'd do. I sorry.

Unsouper
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 26, 18:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*mouth twitch* Well... Let's just say that Giovanni died from an illness at a very young age, or that he was kidnapped (simnapped?).  I think I'm going to make a painting recolor, and put a portrait of him in the game.. This is the very first sim I have ever truly lost, so it's pretty jarring... They had another boy, who I decided to name Lucas. I used Inge's cake to grow him into a toddler just to sneak a peek at what was to come. Sure, he's cute.. But nothing like Giovanni. Well.. *sigh* She does have a '10 babies' want, and it's a new and largely unpopulated neighborhood. Maybe I'll just recreate Giovanni the absolute best I can and have them adopt him. I do recall his personality was quite similar to that of his oldest sister's, so that should make things go a little more smoothly in the re-creation process.

I know what you mean about not wanting to play after the game has taken a huge dump on you, pointed, and laughed. I don't know if I'll be able to play them for the time being. Too depressing.  Undecided

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 26, 18:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do re-colors too? Any chance of them being on your new site? (Pushy? Who? Me?).

I'd be depressed too, at least a little, mostly I'd be 'fur-puffing', 'tail-twitching' angry. Yes, I read your blog. Your Mom told me about your pets, and since I don't believe in condemning/approving anything without further checking up, I ventured on over. Most educational, I'd say.

Good luck with Giovanni though, I hope it works.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 26, 20:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHAHAHAHA! I laugh at you! HA!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 26, 21:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get all mushy on me JM :D

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 26, 21:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHAHAHAHA! I laugh at you! HA!

You would, you Olde Bastard.  Tongue
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 26, 22:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the game always crash when you change a desktop background or anything appearance related?

I've never had any tragedies from it or anything, it's just annoying.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 30, 03:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the game always crash when you change a desktop background or anything appearance related?
It doesn't always, if it did, we'd be smart enough not to minimize.. heh heh

Actually, not sure if this is worth looking into for you, but I had this happen once, a set of twins raised to teens and triplets raised to child (how on earth I went that long without saving is beyond me) They were completely gone after the crash.

I was not very happy about it and much later, while going through the neighbourhood in PE, I actually found those files. They didn't show up in Sim Browser, but I found them all just going through the Sim Descriptions 1 at a time. They had nothing left really, their names were still there but I had to add age, personality, astrological signs, gender (they default to male) and voices.

It took a few tries, but I eventually got them back in the neighbourhood.
I considered adding them back to the family, but couldn't be bothered (memories etc..) so I had other familiess take them in as foster children (with Inge's shrub) until the twins were old enough to find a place and 'adopt' their siblings.

Not sure if your little guy is still in there, but someday if you're bored, you could try going through the Sims Descriptions. Seeing as he's just a toddler, it would be nothing to just add him to the adoption pool, or back in to the family.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 30, 05:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lesson is save DAILY.  I save every single day when the last sim goes to bed.  At worst i loose 1 sim day worth of playing.

I gotta say though real shame bout the kid being lost.  However bear in mind sims change dramatically as they age sure he looked sweet and cute then but who's to say he wouldn't look like he'd be hit by a bus when he hit adult stage?  I had a male sim look real nice then when he hit adult he had some obscenely large chin for no reason, worst of all i ran some quick tests and found it was genetic it even passed on to females.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 30, 08:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my...that toddler is so cute..I'm sorry that you lost it =(

I'm rather anal about saving..I learned my lesson a few times and now..yes...as  I noted..anal about saving lol

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: