More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 06:48:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't update TS3 base game from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't update TS3 base game from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6  (Read 2568 times)
danidear
Asinine Airhead

ISTJ-I'm introverted?

View Profile
Can't update TS3 base game from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6
« on: 2011 September 04, 01:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, after searching Google and coming up with the same information, none of which is working, I've been faced with an issue with updating my game.

I've uninstalled and re-installed twice, the updated from the original to 1.2.7, then to 1.3.24, only to be met with the same error, that being the 'Invalid File Found' error when attempting to update my game from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6. Yes, it is a pirated version of the game, and like an idiot, I forgot to save the original versions of the .exe and the TSLhost.dll file to my computer before installing the first update.

According to The Sims 3 Patch Log Viewer, the TSLhost.dll file is the one that is invalid, and so I have a couple of questions. If I were to replace that, would I replace it with the same file from the original game, pre-updating? Or would I replace it with the file from 1.3.24? With that in mind, does anyone have a copy of the original file? I've been unable to find one online, and I'd prefer not to have to uninstall the game again as it's working perfectly, I just can't get past that step in updating.

MTS2 But repetition ends in failure
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Can't update TS3 base game from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6
« Reply #1 on: 2011 September 04, 02:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstall.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: