More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:14:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More Memory Spam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Memory Spam  (Read 5558 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
More Memory Spam
« on: 2005 July 29, 16:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent several hours last night and am still working on editing the memories of every single sim in Pleasantville and I had to stop about halfway through because my clicker finger was beginning to spaz on me. I did not realize and was quite annoyed that several of the npcs, especially David and Celeste (the carpool and bus drivers) were full of ancient "so-and-so got an A+" memories about my sims from before I got the "no A+ spam" mod. Cleaning npc memories was grueling by itself, but I am dreading going back into simpe and individually clicking more multiple memories from long ago. My question is this: has a hack been made (I looked but couldn't find any, but my eyes are crossed from deleting deleting deleting) to address the "so and so made the dean's list" spam? I also see a lot of "so and so got a D!" memories. I can see having those memories once, but not each time it happened. I also noticed that roaches cause several "vermin!" memories.

One more question: I've seen this asked, but I haven't seen a definitive answer. Is it safe to delete the "invisible" memories? I know they serve as fodder for gossip, and, I'm assuming, congratulations, but it seems ridiculous that my sims all have billions of memories of "made best friends with..." owned by other sims. Especially since I have twojeff's "no teasing and congratulations" fix, if I am correct in assuming that is what they're for.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: More Memory Spam
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 29, 16:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All invisible memories can be safely destroyed. They will eventually regenerate themselves anyway, but total destruction of every invisible memory is a good way to clean house.

Do NOT, however, destroy invisible Tokens or Unknowns. If SimPE cannot identify what it is you are destroying, and neither can you, it's best not to mess with it. Especially if the owner and event IDs appear to make no sense, indicating it is a token and not a memory. Do not destroy invisible Tokens. These are important.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 29, 17:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, good to know. Of course that means a gazillion more files to delete, but what the hell.
No, no. No deleting tokens for me. That's the reason I'm redoing this whole thing.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 29, 17:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question is this: has a hack been made ... to address the "so and so made the dean's list" spam? I also see a lot of "so and so got a D!" memories.
Pescado has one on this site.  Not sure why he didn't mention it, but that's what a secretary is for:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/hacks/ - it's about halfway down, "nodeanspam". Works the same was as the A+ one, you just get a memory for the first one and that's it. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 29, 20:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like an update/extra feature to the No A+ Spam that has No Overachiever Spam. It's very annoying to get the Overachiever memory every single day that the teen has an A+ grade and highest level on the teen career. I recognise that a lot of people only get them up to Overachiever immediately before sending them to University (so they get the scholarships), but sometimes they get there while you're still finishing the pre-Uni skill-training. So it'd be nice to nuke that excess memory as well.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 29, 20:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had the overachiever memory repeat. It only happens once in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 30, 03:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question is this: has a hack been made ... to address the "so and so made the dean's list" spam? I also see a lot of "so and so got a D!" memories.
Pescado has one on this site.  Not sure why he didn't mention it, but that's what a secretary is for:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/hacks/ - it's about halfway down, "nodeanspam". Works the same was as the A+ one, you just get a memory for the first one and that's it. 

Yeah, I noticed the nodeanspam as I was going through my hack folder earlier today. All those "x made the deans list" memories were from long ago, before I installed the hack. Sorry for the oversight.
I've gotten one or two "x was an overachiever" memories for my sims, but I've never been spammed by that one.
Another one I could do with out is the "x grew up well" multiple memories.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: