More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 15:54:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Story Progression Questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Story Progression Questions  (Read 3281 times)
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
Story Progression Questions
« on: 2010 May 03, 11:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have WA, HELS, all patches, and am playing the latest version of AM.

I was playing a fambly yesterday in a user created world; man at work, woman at a community pool, kid at friend's house. I switched to the kid to make sure she was getting acquainted and the camera zoomed back on my mama sim who was suddenly drowning in the pool. She was underwater with one hand raised and I was not able to click on her thumbnail to control her actions. I admit that I didn't look closely but I don't believe that any of her motives were low unless the game suddenly decided they needed to take a dive (no pun intended). This is the first time I have ever played with AM that I had something like this happen. I don't know whether it's just because I'm a control freak when it comes to the sims or if not seeing this in my game has been a fluke. Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen to a fambly they were controlling? Without wanting it to happen, I mean?

About a sim week later, a "divorced" sim appeared with two twin babbies. I took control to check their family tree and they do not show a baby daddy. I think this may have occurred because I was playing around with Buzzler's Birth Control Mirror but was just wondering if anyone has had singles have babbies (using story progression, without your input) and whether or not the papa is listed on the fambly tree when they do. I know that supposedly sims can get impregnated when they fool around via SP but I have not yet seen it in my game.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Story Progression Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 03, 12:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any odd births while using AM story mode.  As for the incident in the pool, I keep the free will lowered to the middle, that way I generally have time to find a sim that has finished whatever they were doing before they start doing something stupid, like jump in the pool to drown.  I found with free will on high, they don't wait when they finish whatever they were doing to decide to do something stupid.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 03, 14:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About a sim week later, a "divorced" sim appeared with two twin babbies. I took control to check their family tree and they do not show a baby daddy. I think this may have occurred because I was playing around with Buzzler's Birth Control Mirror {...}
And you're probably right. It's almost definitely my fault. I checked my code and while unlikely it's possible that the code starts a pregnancy without a valid reference to the daddy (the pregnancy handle references the Sim class in the code, i.e. the "Avatar"; what really defines a Sim is the SimDescription class, which is what I'm using when looking for victims; there's a reference from SimDescription to Sim, which has to be checked whether it returns a valid object; the check is actually there, but its reaction is borky) .

Pretty embarassing mistake too, I have no idea how I missed that in the first place. Sorry about that. I'll fix it right away.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 03, 14:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the feedback. I just found the drowning thing to be really odd, but I do have free will on the highest setting. If my stoopid sims keep irritating the crap out me I might just have to change that. And no problem Buzzler, she is just an EA generated character that I don't really care about anyway and you might say that it adds as interesting mystery to the town, haha. But I'll be sure to download your newest version of the Birth Control Mirror as I'm finding it a really useful item to have in my neighborhoods.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 03, 16:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And no problem Buzzler, she is just an EA generated character that I don't really care about anyway and you might say that it adds as interesting mystery to the town, haha.
Hmmm, might be true; I'll have to consider that. No, I still think mystery caused by pure buggedness is bad.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: