More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 03:16:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Installation verification failure? (also one graphical problem) for WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installation verification failure? (also one graphical problem) for WA  (Read 6823 times)
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Installation verification failure? (also one graphical problem) for WA
« on: 2009 November 21, 23:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello...  

So, I had done a complete un-install/re-install of the sims3, along with world adventures, I have *no* CC whatsoever in my game right now. I played it yesterday, and earlier today just fine... however, after trying to load up the game again, I now get this new "Installation verification failure" message. at the main menu. It says something about the installation being "Incomplete" and to "Reinstall and try again".

Edit: after un-installing and re-installing it fixed the problem, but then The error happened again, and had to reinstall. I'm not sure what triggered this. Although, it first started happening after downloading an EA tool, while i was reporting a bug, (It was supposed to be like a compatibility report or something, in which i was supposed to send it back to them) not sure if that was coincidence?

Also while I'm at it, to save space, i have on more issue I thought I'd ask. Again, I have *no* CC at all in my game. But since installing world adventures, after travelling on vacation for the first time, there was a loss of all base-grass textures. (Where grass was supposed to be, it appeared black, and after zooming out, and in again, it showed up as a flat solid green blurry type of thing.)  still had that problem when my sim arrived back home again. (The grass detail was there before travelling) Graphics are on the highest settings. And since there is no CC, not sure what this could be.

Edit: Now the problem has spread to roads and sidewalks being completely blurred. I uninstalled/reinstalled, didnt help.

Here's a screenshot of how it looks in game, highest graphic settings. (oh, in this pic. you see grass detail because I used terrain paints. The actual "Base" grass detail is gone, as you can see around the edges. (Again, texture detail is at highest setting)

« Last Edit: 2009 November 22, 20:16:01 by kawaiimiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Installation verification failure? (also one graphical problem) for WA
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 22, 12:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 22, 15:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, please stop abusing the poor ellipses. It makes you sound like William Shatner, among other things.

On your grass blurring, does it tend to resolve itself after a while if you just watch it? When you scroll away from something, the game goes into low detail. I guess to save memory? And sometimes, when you scroll back to it, it takes a while for the game to finish its sandwich and notice that you need the high detail back. I think I heard in one of the other threads that WA is especially laggy at the moment, so that could be why you've never noticed before. I have entirely too much CC, so even in my base game, it happens all the time.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 22, 20:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the contrary, I notice very little lag at all in WA. My computer surpasses minimum and required specs. Not to mention, I had just bought a brand new video card especially for this game.  Waiting awhile, or zooming out to town and coming back do nothing. The only thing that seems to affect it, is going on vacation. It is leaving on vacation, where the grass goes black, and then turns into a green blur. And it is coming back from vacation that appears to either set the road/sidewalk to blurred or un-blurred.

And forgive the ellipses... ^_~ I admit I easily get carried away with those. Criticism accepted.

Edit: Problem solved! It turns out it *was* a video card problem! See, I had just bought a new video card, ATI Radeon HD 4670 It had 1gb ddr3 ram, and assumed it would be fine. I'm not very high-tech, and don't know much about video cards. But after spending the past week searching, I learned in the past ATI has had fixes for graphic corruption in TS3, and when I just saw a new driver update, thought I'd hurry and try it, tweaked a few settings, and all works fine now.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 18:11:00 by kawaiimiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: