More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 05:37:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I Have to Starve to Death & Wet Myself Because I Have Diagonal Walls
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I Have to Starve to Death & Wet Myself Because I Have Diagonal Walls  (Read 4187 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
I Have to Starve to Death & Wet Myself Because I Have Diagonal Walls
« on: 2005 November 22, 08:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the diagonal doors problem had been fixed with the patch?  I had two graduated Sims move in to a house and for an entire week they never sat down to eat once.  All they could get out of the fridge autonomously was snacks and even then only 2 or 3 times (luckily they ate at work most of the time).  In addition to that, they couldn't find the baths and more often than not they couldn't find the toilets either, nor could they leave their bedroom without being told to and without direction would do nothing but relax on the bed once they'd got out of it.  The downstairs bathroom has a straight door, with a diagonal wall to one side and their bedroom has a diagonal door to the en suite bathroom, but a straight door to the landing.  WHAT the **** do doors have to do with fridges and toilets anyway?  To make matters worse, I've now had to move them a second time which meant leaving the lot twice immediately after moving so I could remove the ridiculous "Graduated Cum Laude" memories when they actually graduated SUMMA Cum Laude some time earlier.  Even their family members got them.(Why didn't they fix this???).  And to make matters even worse, I didn't have the phone hack in and the phone never stopped ringing from 4 pm to after midnight.  Everytime I thought I'd removed them all, another started ringing somewhere.

The odd thing about all this is that visitors could find the bathrooms without any difficulty whatsoever.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: I Have to Starve to Death & Wet Myself Because I Have Diagonal Walls
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 22, 09:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Grin Huh

Sorry ancient one, but your story just made me laugh.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 22, 10:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I read this, because I've just realised what could be causing lags in the morning.  I have diagonal doors on two of the kids bedrooms upstairs and when playing last night I remember thinking that the maid couldn't have made the beds in there.  I'll bet it's caused by that stupid maid trying to get to them, I always get a lag when sims can't reach something (like an enclosed cowplant).
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 22, 12:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also heard they fixed that, but it doesn't surprise me that it didn't. After much weighing and thinking, I finally installed the patch, and I swear my problems increased. Now I have extreme buggyness in the inventory. I had my teens take 'old' stuff from their parents house with them to the dorm/house in uni (just like I did way back then, get all the discards from relatives), and now they jump out of queue when I direct them to use the stuff they pulled out of their inventory. And that's just one of the major issues I encountered 'after patch'. 

I fixed/removed all diagonal doors in their pre-made houses, because I somehow doubted that they addressed that issue. They are too busy cranking out add-ons and ep's do give some serious attention to existing weirdness, so I de-diagonalified everything, and I'm glad I did.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 22, 12:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My nannies starve to death and wet themselves even if there are no diagonal doors. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 22, 13:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear Motoki, even I feel sorry for your nannies every once in great while Cheesy

I'm far to wussie to kill my sims outright (although I do enjoy a well-placed satellite every now and then), but I have a lot of fun hiring nannies just so that my vampires can 'bleh' them. That interaction cracks me up every time.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 22, 14:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know but since NL and the patch, all diagonal doors work well again for me. The patch sure fixed the bug for me. Weird that some people still have it...  Undecided
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 22, 14:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear Motoki, even I feel sorry for your nannies every once in great while Cheesy

I'm far to wussie to kill my sims outright (although I do enjoy a well-placed satellite every now and then), but I have a lot of fun hiring nannies just so that my vampires can 'bleh' them. That interaction cracks me up every time.

What, you think I torture them? Okay, maybe I do once in a while  Grin but most of the crazy crap that happens to them is totally their own doing.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 22, 23:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked my maid and that room with diagonal doors, she's getting in and out just fine so it looks like I was wrong about that being the cause of intermittent lags.  I think the pc just badly needs an upgrade to run nightlife like I want it to  Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: