More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 20, 15:13:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What /is it/ with Joe Carr and twins? >>
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What /is it/ with Joe Carr and twins? >>  (Read 7201 times)
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
What /is it/ with Joe Carr and twins? >>
« on: 2006 January 29, 05:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I never get twins naturally, in game. I have once or twice, but sadly, not that much. =( Anyhow, so my legacy founder Audrey Smith married Joe Carr (I once used him before as a legacy founder, and got twins. Lost the family due to reinstall.) and checked in that hacked pregnancy mirror, to see if she was pregnant.

She was, and the pop up said TWO babies.

I feel worse than a BBSer, but heavens me... they are actually kind of annoying. I was planning on letting her have two kids anyhow, so I guess now we only have to do it the once! ^^
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: What /is it/ with Joe Carr and twins? >>
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 29, 05:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never used Joe before, I should try and see what I get. Could you see if he has that twin gene with SimPe?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 29, 05:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He only brought five k. Psh. Nothing in his inventory, either. But to his credit, he does make some awfully nice looking kids...

Yeah, if you don't mind twins, use him. I'm wondering if I'm the only one to get twins with him. =P

wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 29, 05:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought that some female sims have a twin token which mean they have a ten percent chance of having twins. If they don't have the token they can't have twins. I don't think there's any token associated with the male sim. But then, I could be wrong about there being any sort of token at all. I only believe this because of a vague recollection I have of a thread I read that may or may not have said that a twin token exists. Actually, it might have even been on the bbs. *shudder*  Maybe someone who knows more about the inner workings of the game can explain the twin thing. Then once and for all we'll all know how it works.

Be your own fish.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 29, 06:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the thread was here. Huh

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 29, 06:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0

Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded

MYTH: Eating specific foods before, during, or after pregnancy increases or decreases the odds of having twins in this or subsequent pregnancies.
STATUS: FALSE. The odds of having twins is modified only by the individual sim: Certain sims are more or less likely to have twins based on the presence or lack thereof of an invisible inventory token. No food you eat will influence the outcome one way or another.

quote author=J. M. Pescado
There is a pregnancy modifier token that does affect twin chances, but it is not a factor that you can influence: Food does NOT affect the pregnancy modifier token, it simply appears on your sim for unknown reasons, possibly randomly, or in connection with being a twin. In any case, it is not an effect that you can influence through any specific known action.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 29, 08:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for Joe Carr having nothing in his inventory, none of the pre-Nightlife townies have anything in their inventories.  Only some downtownies do.  At least I've heard they do.  I haven't had any of my sims marry any of them yet.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 29, 09:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, only Downtownies have inventory objects. And for Joe Carr having twins, in doesn't happen in everybody's game. Just depends on who gets token. One of my sims married Joe, had two kids, both singletons.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 29, 09:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The token is not necessary for getting twins, it just, apparently, raises your chances of getting them.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 29, 14:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing about that token is that it can appear at any time, including for a female Sim at a point when she's too old to conceive, so either it has nothing to do with twins at all, or it's appeared just in case she happens to die and be resurrected and therefore able to conceive again, which seems just a tad too far-fetched for me.  In my original Pleasantview, Brandi Broke's third had two sets of twins and he had the token, but it didn't appear until after the first set was born.  I had 4 sets of twins in 40 births and I think he was the only one with the token.  One of them didn't count anyway as it was Dina Caliente and she appears to be programmed to have twins.  Now, if I could find out how they do that ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 29, 17:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe Carr married my Night Life test sim, Dia Cruz.  He came with a few things in his inventory (a fish tank, rug and the napkin/condiments thingee) and they did have twins.  He was also high up in one career, but his LTW career was something different, of course.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 29, 17:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently went over each and every character (over 350 of them) in Pleasantview  and found 10 sims with the token. Six of them were male (so, supposedly the token is useless with them). Of the four women, two were elders, and one the kind of NPCs you can't normally interact with in any way. The only "useful" sim with the token left was the townie Sandy Bruty, and she's so ugly there is no way I'll let her have a kid, not to mention twins  Cheesy.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 29, 18:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The token could affect males if they get pollinated by alien abduction.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 30, 01:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

using SimPE, Can you give this token to any sim you want? and if so then How?
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 30, 02:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm wonder if Goopy GilsCarbo had the token in my game...poor Paine had twins with him, the daughter being witchy b/c of the daddy genes.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 30, 04:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually got really lucky with my Joe Carr. His lifetime want, is to become a business tycoon-- and he's in that career! He's got all the skills needed, for a promotion, too!

One thing that surprised me about my sim? Well, she met Joe and got engaged in college. Not once did she roll up the want to get married-- and she's a family sim! Still no want to have baby, but plenty of 'Flirt with Joe' 'Hug Joe' 'Talk to Joe' and she keeps getting the want to quit her job. O.o

I think not. She's making good money!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 30, 07:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Sims can't get married in college unless you use a hack.  I have had sims roll up wants to be married or have a baby, and I couldn't understand why if they couldn't do anything about it until they graduated, which was some time off.
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 30, 07:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's graduated now, but still doesn't have the want... -Scratches head-  Huh I'm not quite understanding, why... she's annoying me a little right now.

I'm keeping her for the pretty genetics. >>

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 30, 07:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny to come across this thread...as old Joe Carr had twins with my Dreamer heiress last night. I think I played him in another 'hood and he also had twins as well.  I was really surprised to see twins...Neivia had an extremely easy pregnancy.  Usually twins kill the needs of the mothers more.  When she went into labor though it took a little longer for the arrival text to pop up..I just knew lol and I was right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: