More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 28, 23:18:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540280 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request- NoGoldDiggers Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request- NoGoldDiggers Hack  (Read 4813 times)
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Request- NoGoldDiggers Hack
« on: 2005 November 18, 14:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would let the husband of the mother sim know at birth (on a percentage basis, like 50% of the time) if he was not the father, which would induce the cheated on reaction and an added bonus would be if he would breakup and move out.

Ok I am ready to face any and all criticism and ridicule and if necessary a trip to retardoland- if that is where I belong.

Thanks
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Request- NoGoldDiggers Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 15:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds interesting, sort of like a sim dna test to determine fatherhood. But even though I am not a modder, not even by the longest long shot, it seems it would involve a lot of code diving, since it might involve devising completely new interactions.

It would be interesting to see what the experts have to say about that.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 19:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like this too, but there is one easy way of letting the father know the "awful truth".  In my original Pleasantview, Don knocked Nina up on the side, when he was married to Cassandra and had 2 kids with her.  Just before she was due to give birth, who should happen to walk by but Don and Cassandra.  I could have ignored them, but I got Nina to greet them.  The damage was done at that point, as it happens (with a smacking great kiss), but when the baby was born Don reacted like the fathers always do and it was obvious from Cassandra's face (and her reaction) that she knew exactly who the father was. 

It's obvious that the walkby situation was set-up in some way by the game (I do wonder how they do these things when they apply to a situation like this that wasn't pre-arranged by the game), but I would assume that if you teleported in the father of a baby just before the birth, it would have the same result ... hopefully ... or not, as the case may be.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 19:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would let the husband of the mother sim know at birth (on a percentage basis, like 50% of the time) if he was not the father, which would induce the cheated on reaction and an added bonus would be if he would breakup and move out.
There's several issues with this: For one, there are simply no negative responses for sims to babies. A sim will always at least passingly tolerate a baby and seem happy to see it, because there are simply no real negative interactions with babies. Secondly, there's too many perfectly legitimate examples of how this could happen without anyone cheating on anyone else. In order to properly evaluate this, you'd need to timestamp when the baby was conceived to see if it occurred after the marriage, and isn't, for instance, an alien, or any number of other bizarre things. Of course, there's no real timestamping of this in the first place, so it's basically impossible to cover the angles properly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 20:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I am sorry, I thought you could just set the question "married?" if True... "father?" check if it was true or false then create the cheated on reaction (Jealousy). I understand you are saying maybe they got married after the baby was concieved, but that was probably cheating too, takes a few days to build a decent relationship. Roll Eyes But I just thought I would ask. Thanks anyway.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 21:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I am sorry, I thought you could just set the question "married?" if True... "father?" check if it was true or false then create the cheated on reaction (Jealousy). I understand you are saying maybe they got married after the baby was concieved, but that was probably cheating too, takes a few days to build a decent relationship. Roll Eyes
Heh, actually, more like about 8 sim hours, tops, if you go for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 21:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't this be done as a non-global object? Something like a stack of bills that is sent off in the mail, then the mail person delivers another piece of mail. If the baby isn't the father's, the cheating reaction gets triggered. Maybe it could be linked to whatever happens when a sim sees the spouse kissing another sim. This way the player decides when to use the object, so there is no need to check for marriage or alien births or anything. Besides, it makes more sense than having the father know by magic that the baby is not his.

Fail.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 21:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like receiving an anonymous letter, telling secrets. :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 23:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes!  Yes! These are great ideas! be nice if it could be slightly random, add a little spice, not all daddy's know the truth! even make it like the roses, be delivered by the real daddy and make the want to view advertising Maximum, so that if the father is on the lot he will view it.
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 19, 14:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we could have an object that does a Sim DNA and if the tester is the father then we gat a happy reaction and if not then the Sim recates exactly like he saw a love not from another Sim.

After JM's post I can see why this can't be a global hack. All instances can not be accurately checked, but an object created a forced check by the player would be hilarious. Also good fro story-telling purposes. Is this idea viable? What say our wonderful modders?

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 19, 16:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would still love that baby can take daddy's last name popup lol.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: