More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 00:28:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  stuck chairs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: stuck chairs  (Read 8905 times)
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
stuck chairs
« on: 2005 November 05, 15:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've typed "stuck chairs" in the search box, but either i can't find something irrelevant or i've missed it.

i have stuck chairs on several lots, all the time. chairs and sofas. haven't seen a lovechair stuck yet. even after i sold them and bought new ones, they'll get stuck some time later. it's always the same spot that's stuck, eg the left side of the sofa, or that certain chair on that certain spot.

using FFS lotdebugger and clicking 'reenable controls' doesn't work. shall i try forcing an error on it?

and what does 'fix AWOL headmaster' do? better still, can someone come up with a full list of what it can do and its description?

thanks so much!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: stuck chairs
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 05, 15:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Force error always works for when I get that. Or on beds or when I have chairs halfway pushed out and halfway pushed in.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 05, 15:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1298.0

Would this help? Crammyboy says it's for sectional sofas but that there might be problems with other items that haven't been discovered yet.

In the lots where the furniture is getting stuck, have you recently moved someone out of the lot or teleported someone from the lot?
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 05, 15:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, thanks!

and no, no one's moved out and i haven't teleported anyone (can't even)

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 06, 17:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand you correctly, I get this problem all the time in dorms and community lots - less so in residential lots. You mean that the chair is "stuck" because it's marked in use, even though there's no sim using it? It happens a lot in dorms & community lots because there's always dormies or townies getting teleported in & out by the game. JMP himself said the way to fix it is to Force Error & Reset Smiley.

"Re-enable controls" wouldn't help you, because that's intended to bring back the User Interface panel if it goes missing for any reason. "Fix AWOL Headmaster" fixes the bug that makes the Headmaster show up and immediately leave again. I think. Or maybe it fixes the bug that makes the Headmaster totally fail to show. Anyway, if you have an AWOL (Absent without leave) Headmaster, use the option Wink.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 06, 17:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mostly happens if you either delete uncontrollable sims/NPCs who are either already sitting, or about to sit.  If you use the visitor zapper to get rid of unwanted or annoying visitors, they usually stand up first before disappearing in a blue haze!  Visiting kids are the worst, they go jump on a bed, so you delete them, and your expensive bed is unusable!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 06, 17:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this bug all the time.  Last night I had a love tub that kept operating with no one in it:  creepy.

The easiest thing for me is to use the move_object on cheat and delete the thing.  Smiley  You can always buy a new chair.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 06, 18:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, some people like to play without using money cheats and if their sims are poor, buying new chairs is so annoying!  The move-objects cheat is the cause of the items getting ruined, which is why I suggest you use the visitor zapper instead.  If you want the sim to visit again, you can always unban them.  You can also use Inge's teleporter shrub to get rid of all your visitors, but not just one if you want the others to stay.  Either method doesn't result in ruined furniture!

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 06, 18:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, some people like to play without using money cheats and if their sims are poor, buying new chairs is so annoying!

What's nice (if they have NL) is that even if you don't like to use money cheats, if you have a problem chair or other piece of furniture, you can delete it, re-buy it and then give your family the EXACT funds they had prior to correcting the problem using the FAMILYFUNDS cheat. With that cheat, you can specify the exact amount of money the family should have, not one simolean more than before you corrected the problem. I don't really think of that as cheating, only correcting a problem.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 06, 19:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's what's happening to my dorms... 

It started happening a few months ago when I noticed my sim put their assignment on the table and started complaining that something was in the way.  And whenever I try to sell the chair it always says "in use".  For me though it only seems to happen to dorm lots and not residential lots.

It got so bad at one point that all of the students in one dorm had to eat while standing up.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 06, 23:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to sell a stuck object, you have to use Move_objects on.

I haven't used the FAMILYFUNDS cheat, at present I'm playing Tricous and their relatives, and they have more than enough cash to help each other out!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 08, 13:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using MoveObjects true, selling the chair, and then re-buying it.  How do you force an error and reset?

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 08, 14:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You type in boolprop testingcheatsenable true in the console, then hold down shift and click on the object. Choose force error, then chose reset. It should reset the object to its original state.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 08, 18:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

Hideous new avatar, by the way.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 08, 20:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather like it!  Looks like a particularly evil nanny!

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 10, 11:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't have the zapper, and i usually have the moveobjects off. this happens rather a lot of times, in residential lots and dorms. wonder what's causing it if i was playing it normally. but at least now i know i can use force error. thanks!

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 10, 12:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just use moveObjects and delete the darn thing..usually it's not an issue for my sims to buy a new item..unless it's particularly expensive and the one I had to delete was particulary old.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 10, 12:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's caused because a visitor (normally a visitor anyway) gets derailed from what they originally set out to do, so if you delete the visitor in the normal way, then unfortunately the chair etc. they had set their sights on is unusable.  But if you use the zapper (one of TJ's mods) then this doesn't happen.  also, if you use Inge's teleporter shrub to clear all visitors it doesn't happen.  If you don't want all the bother of boolprop etc. then one at least of these is worth installing.

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 18, 15:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have Inge's teleporter shrub. so if it happens in my game again i can just use Inge's shrub to clear all visitors then the chair is usable once more?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 18, 15:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the chair that visitor was on, yes. 

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 18, 18:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i checked out Crammyboy's Walkby & Visitor Fix. unfortunately it didn't work as I imagined it would. visitors can't leave the lot. Genesis was close to death after peeing on herself and sleeping on the pavement. the paperboy came and laughed, but he couldn't escape the deadly 'strangetown warphole' either. had to delete the fix. then everything was alright again

EDIT: oh stupid me. just found out it's for NL only, which i don't have. oh well. this message will stay here to serve as reminder to others of my stupidity :p

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 18, 18:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use Inge's Teleporter bush to get rid of individual guests, not just all of them.  I do that all the time.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 18, 20:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use Inge's Teleporter bush to get rid of individual guests, not just all of them.  I do that all the time.

I think it may depend which one you have.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: